It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:49 pm

Krzeszow Update

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Daniel Dries

Krzeszow Update

PostSun Oct 23, 2022 4:32 pm

Has anyone managed to install the Krzeszow 1.40 update? I’ve tried three times, but keep getting an error message. I’ve never had a problem with other updates.
Thanks.

mnailor

Re: Krzeszow Update

PostSun Oct 23, 2022 4:45 pm

It installed for me. Might not have downloaded correctly. Did you verify the file checksums?

Daniel Dries

PostSun Oct 23, 2022 7:27 pm

I suspect it’s a silly question, but how do you verify the file checksums? I don’t think I’ve ever done this before.

Thanks.

larason2

PostSun Oct 23, 2022 9:14 pm

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostTue Oct 25, 2022 4:18 pm

I have installed it without any problems.

I don't know what Jiri has done but it sounds way better than it ever did. The mixtures in the plenum are still bold, but no longer harsh, and everything seems to work better together. I always found it strange and interesting, but I am enjoying it a lot more now.

tastosolo

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 1:13 pm

Hello all,
I have the same problem with the download of the Krzeszew upgrade v1.40. Despite downloading several times with Google Chrome and also with Firefox plus subsequent checking of the exact file checksum, there are then error messages again and again during installation which mostly refer to a .wav-file from the install folder 871. After that, the failed installation process is automatically aborted.

Now, after downloading 3 times from the Sonus Paradisi "My products" page, I also have no possibility for another download, but also can not perform a re-install of the previous version (v1.01) of Krzeszow Surround Extended with Hauptwerk.

Should I perhaps have uninstalled the previous version of the Krzeszow sample set before? Is there any tip for this to solve the problem please?

larason2

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 4:33 pm

If the checksums are correct, the file downloaded correctly. If they are not correct (don't match the one Piotr gave you), then there is a problem with how you're downloading them. This happens to me often, if the hosting server does not allow resuming a download part way, then depending on your software you will either keep failing to download, or download a corrupted file. If this is happening to you, contact Piotr for other options, or to download from a mirror.

If the checksums are correct, your ODF (organ definition file) may be different than the folder it is referencing. In that case, delete both the ODF and the instalation, and then try reinstalling them again.

mnailor

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 8:50 pm

Suggestion: Don't contact Piotr...not a PG sampleset. SP's site has a contact email. Jiri can reset your download limit.

But if the checksums are right, you don't need another download.Something local to your machine is wrong.

larason2

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 9:15 pm

Ah yes, sorry about that! Yes I meant Jiri!

tastosolo

PostWed Nov 09, 2022 12:23 pm

Dear larason2 and mnailor: thank you very much for your valuable tips regarding the Krzeszow upgrade! I have now found a download folder in my archive with the install files for the version including update from 2012/2015 and was able to restore the first version of the sample set. Afterwards the upgrade to v1.40 with the new install-files worked flawlessly and the problem is solved!

Return to Hauptwerk instruments