It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 am

Peterborough, midi controlled volume chanes Grt, CH SW etc

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

britokusa

Peterborough, midi controlled volume chanes Grt, CH SW etc

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi

I just installed Peterborough, I am used to Hereford where you can operate the volume settings via midi wrt CH, SW GT PED ETC. A bit like a separate enclosed section I suppose!

Because its in a Church having that at your finger tips is handyss acoustics can be a bit challenging. You can underHauptwerk volume control that by Midi- but that changes the entire instrument volume!

Anybody know of a way in. Hauptwerk or on Peterborough itself to be able to adjust the settings of the volume manual by manual rather the entire instrument using th hauptwerk main volume. Obviously you can set the swell, solo and Choir on the SW pedals and do it that way and that may be all that is possible on Peterborough. I do like that on Hereford even the various manual volume controls can also be adjusted by midi.

Anyway - if anyone has any thoughts I would be super grateful. Thank. you

mdyde

Re: Peterborough, midi controlled volume chanes Grt, CH SW e

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 3:24 pm

Hello Jon,

I don't have experience with the Peterborough sample set, so I'll leave others to comment on whether it has any dedicated functionality (e.g. MIDI-mappable sliders) for controlling the amplitudes of divisions (aside from its swell boxes).

Within Hauptwerk in general (independently of the sample set's functionality), you can adjust the amplitudes of ranks/pipes via the voicing screen, but there is no way to do that, or to do anything equivalent, via MIDI. The only MIDI-mappable amplitude control is the overall 'Volume' slider.

[I'll move this topic to the "Technical support" section of the forum once you've had a chance to read it.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

IainStinson

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 8:22 pm

The Peterborough settings screen has volume controls for each division. I don’t know (and can’t try at present) if these can be associated with a midi control. Go to the settings screen and right click on one of the volume controls and see if you can autodetect a midi control for that particular control.

Iain

mnailor

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 10:28 pm

The Peterborough volume sliders by division turn out not to support MIDI autolearn, nor are they available under Organ settings | Expression... as they are for some samplesets.

But with expression on 3 divisions and the volume slider, the only non-MIDI controllable relative volume is between Great and Pedal. You have to set that in Rank voicing. Well, unless Pedal goes to separate speakers with a MIDI gain control supported on your audio interface. But still, 4 out of 5 is a lot of dynamic control.

britokusa

PostWed Dec 21, 2022 9:26 am

Hi. Many thanks to you all, and great to hear from Martin and Ian etc, its ages since I have been on the forum, buts its great to see its as responsive as ever - Thank you

I will suggest to Ben if he might consider this in a future update, its amazing how Hauptwerk becomes a part of our lives - It incredible,

Thank you all so much

Jon

mdyde

PostWed Dec 21, 2022 9:43 am

Thanks very much, Jon. You're very welcome.

[I've moved the topic here, since it ended up being mostly about the Perterborough sample set's features.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Trenchardb

PostSat Dec 24, 2022 5:22 pm

Many thanks for highlighting this, I’ve got a patch with some updates planned, and I will add midi support for the settings page faders in the next update.

CyrilCouten

PostTue Dec 27, 2022 12:36 pm

Hi Ben , when will you propose an upgrade to surround ? Tks

mnailor

PostTue Dec 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Ditto! Surround would be much better on my audio system. Thanks.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments