It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:15 am

Flentrop Organ from Lemmer (Netherlands) - New and Free

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Flentrop Organ from Lemmer (Netherlands) - New and Free

PostTue May 09, 2023 4:58 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Flentrop Organ from Willibrorduskerk in Lemmer (Netherlands) . The organ has one manual and pedal and 9 stops.

Lemmer is a town in the municipality of De Fryske Marren, in the Dutch province of Friesland. Lemmer is a popular lakeside resort with a population of 10,000. Lemmer has been an inhabited village since the 11th century, and since the Middle Ages it was an important fishing town in the Netherlands, thanks to its fleet of 150 ships.
The Roman Catholic church in Lemmer, the St. Willibrordus church, was built in 1901 based on the plans of Nicolaas Molenaar, an architect from The Hague. The church was renovated in 1993.

The Sint Willibrorduskerk in Lemmer already had an organ before 1868. It was a closet organ. In 1868, the company Adema installed a new organ in the church, which was radically renovated in 1934 by the company Steinmann & Vierdag. The current organ of the church was made by Flentrop Orgelbouw in 1977-78. The 9-register mechanical organ with one manual and pedal mechanism is suitable for playing simpler Renaissance and Baroque works in addition to serving the liturgy. The pedal register is from a 1934 Steinmann & Vierdag organ.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=436 Hz. The reverb 2 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church.
Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 and v7 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Stereo near, stereo far and six-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, and far recordings.
In addition to the original layout, the commercial version also includes a two-manual extended layout, making the organ suitable for playing Renaissance and Baroque works. We are also making a "lite" version that contains only the original layout and requires minimal hardware.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 3-4 GB, the surround version requires 8-10 GB for 24-bit loading.
We created an IR Reverb file for Hauptwerk 5-7 users, which we recommend for the near version.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

The sample is free to download and can be used with Hauptwerk v4.2, v5 v6 or v7 software. Use of the sample for other purposes is subject to permission!

Acknowledgements:
Special thanks to Leander vd Bos for obtaining the license. He made the recording. The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gerard Lefranc, Nagy Istvan and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.
It gives me great pleasure that, in cooperation with Leander, this is already the third Dutch organ that we can provide free of charge to Hauptwerk-using organists.
(Augustine)

Henk61

Re: Flentrop Organ from Lemmer (Netherlands) - New and Free

PostTue May 09, 2023 12:04 pm

Thanks Augustine!!

Greetings Henk

takatsa

PostTue May 09, 2023 12:39 pm

[quote="Henk61"][/quote]
Thanks Henk, I wish you a lot of enjoy using the sample set.
Augustine

randallschmid

PostWed May 17, 2023 11:25 am

I love this organ. For HW users that use virtual instruments along with HW, this organ's flues sounds particularly beautiful when accompanied by virtual strings. I am using the extended set with the convolution reverb setting included with the set. The reverb worked incredibly well.

Thanks Augustine!

takatsa

PostSat May 27, 2023 2:32 am

Thanks Randall for the feedback. There are still a few pieces of the sample left, feel free to download them. :)

Return to Hauptwerk instruments