It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 am

Alan's CC Organ

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ldeutsch

Alan's CC Organ

PostSat Nov 04, 2023 5:00 pm

Everyone,

I am pleased to release my newest HW organ, ”Alan’s CC Organ”. Like the “Les CC Organ” I released in 2020, Alans’ CC Organ is a medium sized approximation of a Cavaillé-Coll (CC) instrument. Its name comes from the fact that my good friend, Alan Kay, suggested this project to me. Alan has retired to the UK and is in the process of installing a specialized Hauptwerk console in his flat. He wanted an instrument that is modeled on César Frank’s CC instrument in Paris’ Ste. Clotilde. Unfortunately, I have only ever heard the more modern instantiation of this instrument! However, I used stoplists and mixture compositions from published sources that are accurate to the time period.

Because I wanted to play more modern French organ music on this organ I have beefed up the Pedale and Récit divisions. I have indicated which stops are my own additions so others can choose to ignore them if desired. All this information is on my web site:

http://nightbloomingjazzmen.com/Alan_CC_Organ.html

Like the Les CC Organ, Alan’s CC Organ requires you to purchase and install the same two small instruments from Piotr Grabowski. You will also need the demo version of his Nancy sample set. You will have to abide by Piotr’s license restrictions. All the instructions are on my web page.

I have recorded several demonstrations using the organ – also on my web page.

This organ will run in all versions of HW from 4.2 to 8 – and hopefully in the future…

As usual, I do not charge anything for the organs I release. I am now retired – but I have a great retirement plan and I am raking in money as the leader of a jazz band (hah!)

Have fun with this.

Coos Blokhuis

Re: Alan's CC Organ

PostTue Nov 07, 2023 11:20 am

Hi Ideutsch, a nice idea Alan's CC Organ! But something is wrong. I downloaded the instruments you specified in your message from Pjotr's site. When I try to install Alan's CC Organ I get the following error message: Organ Package ID002220 ( Oloron-Sainte-Marie) is not installed, but is needed for this instrument . The supplier of the package is Pjotr ​​Grabowski. The name of the downloaded file from Pjotr's site is: Demo_1_06. Where is the problem? Greetings, Coos Netherlands.

mnailor

PostTue Nov 07, 2023 11:22 am

You need Oloron and Begard full versions, paid. Nancy is the demo you also need.

Coos Blokhuis

PostTue Nov 07, 2023 11:51 am

Sorry IDeutsch, I didn't see that only Nancy is a demo version and the two others are not. Consider my message unwritten, Coos.

ldeutsch

PostTue Nov 07, 2023 11:08 pm

What a forum! Questions asked to me get answered even before I read them! I am glad everything worked out.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments