It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

Great American Organ composite (78/IV+P) - new & free

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Great American Organ composite (78/IV+P) - new & free

PostWed Dec 06, 2023 2:26 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Great American composite . The organ has four manuals and pedal and 78 stops.

One of our most successful projects was with our friend Geoff Johnson, in which we managed to save the sound of the magnificent Aeolian-Skinner (Op. 1132) organ from the doomed Redemeer Church in New Haven. This free Hauptwerk sound sample set has been used by many people ever since. Thank God, the organ was also saved, it was placed in the Hershey Presbyterian Church.
The other day a friend of mine from the Philippines approached me with the idea of making a composite, supplementing the Aeolian-Skinner organ sample with a demo version of the Sonus Paradisi Skinner Op. 497 demo version of the Sonus Paradisi Skinner Op. 497 sample. My friend obtained the permission to make the composite from Jiri Zurek and prepared the layout plan for the composite. I made this composite with great pleasure and am releasing this sound sample for free to all Hauptwerk users. This can be a help and a good game for you, but remember, there is nothing more beautiful than the original organs. Try to play the pipe organ as often as possible, and if this is not possible, then buy an authentic Skinner model from Sonus Paradisi.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=440 Hz.
Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5-v8 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in stereo "far" form.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, 14-16 GB for 16 bit loading, and 22 GB for 24 bit loading.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
In addition to my friend from the Philippines, the following friends helped me: Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, István Nagy and Jean-Pierre Silvestre.
If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.

You can find a detailed description of the installation of the sample on my website. I wish all Hauptwerk users a Merry Christmas with this 4-manuals, 78-stops, completely free sound sample.
(Augustine)

Insulaner

Re: Great American Organ composite (78/IV+P) - new & free

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 9:36 am

Dear Augustine,
I am one of those who enjoyed your Aeolian-Skinner sample set since it was available (you may remember that we have been in contact back then and I find one of my rare recordings for contrebombarde in your playlist). Even if the samples from the SP Skinner are not 100% compatible with the original samples, they blend very well in mixed registrations, so that they are a very welcome addition.
Thank you very much for your pre-christmas present and all the best for you and future projects!
Oliver

takatsa

Re: Great American Organ composite (78/IV+P) - new & free

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 4:19 pm

[quote="Insulaner"][/quote]
Thank you for your kind words, Oliver. I wish you much pleasure in using the composite set. I hope to see 1-2 of your recordings on contrebombarde as well. :)

Return to Hauptwerk instruments