It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 pm

Updated Definition file for Romantic Organ 25 stops

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Charles Braund

Updated Definition file for Romantic Organ 25 stops

PostSat Oct 09, 2004 8:03 pm

A number of minor anomalies in the definition file have been pointed out to me.

These refer to all of the Reeds being enclosed in the Swell box throughout the instrument which was not intended. Since I have no expression control from my own console via midi and none of the demos featured anything that would show up this feature, it went unnoticed - my apologies.

As regards a couple of the stop volumes in relation to others, these may be right as they stand for some users but not for others. I have not changed any of these apart from the 2 Great flutes which are now slightly softer.

The updated definition file link can be found on the Silver Octopus news page dated the 10/10/04 (today).

www.silveroctopus.co.uk

Charles Braund

PostWed Oct 20, 2004 6:20 pm

Further to the last update. RD in Holland has had problems loading the organ on his screen so for those that need the info.....

If you have the facility to set your graphics or screen to 1280x1024 then
this will sort the problem. Alternatively, you can go into the organ definition file and change the spacing of the stops ie: I have set them out as column 1 row one column 2, row 2. column 1 row 3. column 2 row 4 etc. Keep the columns the same because they are OK and alter the rows down in number so that it is column 1 row 1 column 2 row 1 column 1 row 2 column 2 row 2 etc.

It doesn't look so nice but it will load on
a smaller screen.

I'll try and create a new definition file and upload it to the site ASAP.

Charles Braund

PostWed Oct 20, 2004 7:14 pm

Apropos to the last message, I'm having problems in this direction since whilst it is possible to drop the arrangement down to a smaller screen or resolution size, the stops don't seem to work. The pistons are OK but the stops are inactive.

I'll look into this further.

RD

PostThu Oct 21, 2004 11:42 am

Charles Braund wrote:Further to the last update. RD in Holland has had problems loading the organ on his screen so for those that need the info.....

If you have the facility to set your graphics or screen to 1280x1024 then
this will sort the problem.

Thank you Charles! This solved the problem. (btw I have no problems with my email ;-)

RD

Charles Braund

PostThu Oct 21, 2004 5:57 pm

Dear Rolf,

Whenever I send you an e-mail it comes back returned to sender so I don't know how to remedy this for the future maybe it's the difference between countries ISPs for some reason ?

Glad to hear that you have got it running now.

Best
C

GPacer

In Praise of the 25 Stop Silver Octopus Organ...

PostSun Nov 14, 2004 9:00 am

(In regards to the Silver Octopus Romantic 25 stop organ I, I read with anticipation months ago on the Silver Octopus website the updates as various ranks were completed and demos posted. As a particular fan of concert organ music and the full sound of an organ voiced for a large space, I felt that this project was definitely worth following. I spend the majority of my time playing romantic organ music and found the St. Anne's organ more than sufficient for my home uses, certainly more enjoyable to me than any digitally created organ sounds.)
I am sure that probably all the organs available for Hauptwerk from the various vendors are of merit and deserving of our patronage. However, Silver Octopus caught my attention by virtue of an apparent clear vision to create a truly heroic sounding performance instrument. Hauptwerk serves a very important historical function of digitally preserving the souls of some organs in very real jeopardy. However, Silver Octopus promises to transcend that by taking the very best from several Willis instruments and coalescing that into something that may exceed the sum of its parts!
When the 25 stop organ finally became available, I naturally purchased it knowing that if the organ, at a minimum, sounded as good as the demos it would be more than adequate. Of course, it has impressed me much more than that.
Now, I eagerly follow the updates knowing even better things are to come from the Silver Octopus Romantic organ. :D

Return to Hauptwerk instruments