It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Bovenkerk Hinsz Volume II Released

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Lub

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 am

SUPER,what a sound!!

Thanks Bratt.

Cribo

Demo Kampen Vol. 2

PostThu Apr 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Despite the sad events today in Apeldoorn (Holland) on our Queens Birthday (perhaps you heard it on the news), I still want to share to you this composition on our national anthem, composed bij Jan Zwart. It combines the prayer in Psalm 134: For why? the Lord our God is good, his mercy is for ever sure; His truth at all times firmly stood, and shall from age to age endure. As this is a Dutch organ I thought this piece would nicely matches this day.

The organ is yet the Beta version of Kampen Vol.2. Note that the extended compass is not yet presented here, so sometimes I needed to play parts an octave lower. Tremulants are also 'under construction' and may differ a bit when the set will be released. The soft part is the 'Rugwerk' succeeded with the 'Bovenwerk'. The closing choral are the full 41 stops. Hope you enjoy it, perhaps I will make some more.

You can find it here: http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/1063

Greetings
Cribo

sutherland

Re: Demo Kampen Vol. 2

PostThu Apr 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Cribo wrote:It combines the prayer in Psalm 134: For why? the Lord our God is good, his mercy is for ever sure; His truth at all times firmly stood, and shall from age to age endure. As this is a Dutch organ I thought this piece would nicely matches this day.

Very nice. This is actually Psalm 100 and the tune it combines is certainly what we call Old Hundredth, but maybe you sing that to Psalm 134 in the Netherlands. I seem to remember that our Dutch friends knew Old Hundredth, only they normally sung it to a different psalm.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri May 01, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks for the nice comments!

Also thank you to Cribo, your playing is wonderful! For those who haven't yet noticed, Cribo has posted some more Hinsz volume 2 demos on Contrebombarde, please have a listen to them.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Anton Heger

PostFri May 01, 2009 2:10 am

Hello Brett,

Congratulations with this sampleset!
I'm looking forward to more information about pricing and release date.

Regards,
Anton

B. Milan

Site Admin

Hinsz Volume 2 Released

PostTue May 05, 2009 3:24 am

Dear all,

Volume 2 of the Hinsz is now available! We'll begin shipping Wednesday or Thursday this week, orders will be shipped in the order they are received. The set ships on 2 DVD-Roms running about 6GB.

Volume 2 features:

* 41 ranks over 4 manuals and pedal with original church acoustics up to 7 seconds and multiple releases for all notes.

* Two organ file versions, both original and the extended compass which expands the manuals from 49 to 56 notes and the pedal from 27 to 30 notes, thus enabling you to play virtually all period repertoire and much more. The extended version contains about 1 GB of extra samples derived from the original samples.

* Dual display for left and right stop jambs, plus the original full view display with all stops on one screen.

* Simulated tracker touch with MIDI velocity keyboards.

* 10 Generals for ease of registration changes plus a Set and Cancel stop knob. Each General comes preset with different registrations to get you started right away upon loading the organ.

* Multiple loops for all notes

We invite you to listen to the many demos provided by David Lines and Christian Boogaard. Thanks to both of these artists for their excellent skills and help to get these demos published! We'll be adding several more very shortly as well, so please check back to the demos page later this week.

http://www.milandigitalaudio.com/bovenkerk-demos.htm

There is a special upgrade offer for those who ordered Volume 1 during the original introductory period, don't miss out on the discount! See the order page for further details.

http://www.milandigitalaudio.com/order.htm

The specification for volume 2 may be found here:

http://www.milandigitalaudio.com/bovenkerk-spec2.htm

Note, that there was a small change in the couplers. We decided to have both a Borstwerk to Bovenwerk, as well as a Borstwerk to Hoofdwerk, so the Kalkant stop (which currently does nothing on the real organ) has been replaced with the Borstwerk to Bovenwerk coupler and the middle row coupler changed to the Borstwerk to Hoofdwerk coupler. This allows much more flexibility in registering, likewise with all of the pedal couplers we added which are not all found on the original organ.

We hope you enjoy the demos, as always please let me know if there are any questions.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue May 05, 2009 4:08 am

P.S. We'll have the same offer for those that order volume 2 (either an upgrade or a new license for volume 1+2) during the entire month of May for a discount of 10% off volume 3 when it is available. Don't miss out!

Also please note that volume 2 requires that you have purchased volume 1, it will not load without volume 1 having already been installed.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

gingercat

PostTue May 05, 2009 4:25 am

Excellent news! Ordered :)
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

dalest

PostTue May 05, 2009 5:36 am

THAT ALL READY PAYED !!!!!

Thank you very much for all your WORKS !!!

Cooky

Bovenkerk Hinsz Volume II Released

PostTue May 05, 2009 6:52 am

What joy is the anticipation of a new organ!!.....all those little elves at Crumhorn working hard just for me. Now about those two extra manuals..... guess couplers will just have to do until until my impulsive creativity overtakes sensibility and three manuals or even four (dreaming!) somehow emerges from Mr Wurlitzers two manual shell.
Please tell me I'm stupid.

Fokko

PostTue May 05, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks Brett, I appreciate your work and service very much!
Fokko Horst

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue May 05, 2009 11:13 am

As usual I'm a little confused. Regarding memory requirements, on the website it says volume 1 has over 6 GB of samples. Above it mentions about 6 GB for volume 2. Does this mean a total of 12 now? Seems a bit high.

Thanks,
Eric

gingercat

PostTue May 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Eric Sagmuller wrote:As usual I'm a little confused. Regarding memory requirements, on the website it says volume 1 has over 6 GB of samples. Above it mentions about 6 GB for volume 2. Does this mean a total of 12 now? Seems a bit high.

Thanks,
Eric

The sizes you mention will refer to the full 24-bit uncompressed stereo samples, but the whole (Vol II inc Vol I) set will fit easily into 8GB if you only run in 16bit etc.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue May 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Thank you all!

As usual I'm a little confused. Regarding memory requirements, on the website it says volume 1 has over 6 GB of samples. Above it mentions about 6 GB for volume 2. Does this mean a total of 12 now? Seems a bit high.

The file size on the DVDs does not accurately reflect the file size of what you will be loading into Hauptwerk since

1- the DVDs have 24 bit samples, Hauptwerk loads these in 32 bit floating point which uses a bit more memory.

2- The full sample size shows up on the DVD, but depending on where the loop points are within each sample there may be a portion of the sample that is not actually loaded into Hauptwerk (the area in between the final loop point and the release point is not loaded thus saving more memory since it is never played.)

Most samples try to use the full length of the notes for loops, but it isn't always possible, so the file sizes will vary from the DVD sizes. I was just stating how much data is included on the DVDs, not what it will take to load. The website requirements page lists all of those, so just go by that data for any loading requirements.

I hope that helps!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue May 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize the requirements section had the sample requirements. I thought it was just computer hardware requirements. I think I got confused from looking at Jiri's site.

Thanks
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments