It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:37 pm

1895 Carl Schäfer organ - the 5 Euro high quality sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

gernot

1895 Carl Schäfer organ - the 5 Euro high quality sample set

PostMon Feb 14, 2005 11:19 am

Hello everybody,

today I happened to trip over a lovely little organ : The

1895 Carl Schäfer organ of the Frauenkirche, Neckarsulm

Carl Schäfer was a local organ builder (Heilbronn). I do not know much about him, unfortunately.

I thought about recording the Instrument including the reverb - the sound quality should be excellent, as air pressure stays constant for about 30s after the blower has been turned off. The sample set would include the 5 stops, extension stops (e.g. Voix Celeste, Harmonieflöte), separately recorded key action noises and separately recorded blower noise.

Well, the plan is to offer a download of the sample set for 1 Euro per stop - adding to 5 Euro for the 5 stops. Almost nothing, I think.

Have a look at

http://prospectum.dyndns.org/schaeferorgel/about.htm

for a picture of the instrument and the specification.

I would like to know if you are interested in this sample set and what you think about offering sample sets as a download.

Thanks in advance !

Gernot

Mike 353

Sample set

PostMon Feb 14, 2005 12:52 pm

Hello Gernot,

Go for it! I am considering converting an American-style reed organ in such a way that it could still be played as always, simply by pumping the pedals and leaving the electrical switch off, but also being able to play it as a digital computer organ by not pumping the pedals, but turning on the switch. Your proposed sample set might be the perfect thing to use for the sounds of this little organ, and such a wonderfully low price! The idea of being able to download it also is attractive, expecially to those of us who live overseas.

Mike 353

gingercat

PostMon Feb 14, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi Gernot,

I think it would be almost rude to turn down such a generous offer of 5 euros for a sample set. It is often the smaller quirky instruments that prove the most fun to play.

Look forward to it!

Regards,
Chris.

gblatt

Go for it

PostTue Feb 15, 2005 5:56 am

Hi Gernot,
why not order the little organ instantly on subscription basis? I would like to be one of your first customers.

Günter

Neil Odlin

PostTue Feb 15, 2005 1:33 pm

Gernot

perhaps you could offer it dry or with reverb!! another 5 euros!! :)

I think dry is the way to go as then individual stops from different organs could be mixed, with reverb added afterwards.

Neil

Return to Hauptwerk instruments