It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am

Kampen Vol III

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

pahasoft

Kampen Vol III

PostThu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello Brett,

Nice work; the sound is great! And thank you for the fast reply on my email "dongle update".

I have a question. I use Kampen vol III extended. When i use the 'vox humaine' with the tremulant the extent notes (higher the C) don't use this tremulant. Why is this?

You can hear this at my first recording of Kampen vol II:
http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/1641

With greeting from Holland,
Paul Haagsma.

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Kampen Vol III

PostThu Oct 15, 2009 3:47 pm

Hello Paul,

Thank you.

We intentionally did not add the tremulant to the high extensions on the Vox Humana. This is due to 2 reasons:

1: Repitching the tremmed Vox samples would not work since it will also speed up the rate of the trems and sounds very unnatural as they get faster and faster the higher up they go.

2: Using Hauptwerk's tremulant model was not able to give a similar result to the real tremmed samples and there was an obvious difference when playing C to C#. Therefore we decided to leave them untremmed. When using other ranks in conjunction with the Vox and with the tremulant the lack of these tremulant effects is minimal in that high of a range.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

pahasoft

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 1:58 am

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your reply. It is now clear to me.

Greetings from Holland,

Paul.

Ian R

PostWed Oct 21, 2009 1:00 am

Hi Brett,

Hinsz is amazing - thank you.

I expect there's a simple solution to this question - could you advise me? All working beautifully but no sound coming from these Borstwerk stops: Spitsfluit 2 Fluittravers 8 Holpijp 8
Salicional 8 Principaal 4 Flageolet 1 Trompet 8

Many thanks,
Ian

Ian R

PostWed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 am

oh, and also the Carillon

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Oct 21, 2009 1:16 am

Hello Ian,

You would need to have the Bovenwerk 2e coupler engaged since that now couples to the 1st Bovenwerk division. Also have a look in the user guide on the DVD which lists the function of each coupler. They are now more true to the original organ (with the exception of the added couplers of course) whereas vol. 1 and 2 were slightly different since the 1st Bovenwerk was not present.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Ian R

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 am

Many thanks, Brett. All fine now.
Ian

Cooky

PostTue Nov 03, 2009 7:23 am

Hi Brett,
I have been playing Kampen Vol 111 for some time. I think it is as exquisite a sample set as I shall ever play. The Vox Humana on Vol 111 is worth more than the cost of the volume alone. Especially, the genuine tremulant samples of that stop are breathtakingly beautiful --- until I reach the last half octave and then they become ...well... just very nice, but of course without tremulant.

I realise that those top seven notes are already a gift I do not really deserve; I understand the technical challenge involved; I know it sounds OK as part of a chorus with other ranks.

In company with Oliver Twist may I be rude and ask "Please sir, may I have more?".

If this was just an ordinary rank it wouldn't really matter. With recorded tremulant however, the Vox Humana is no ordinary rank!

I want to use the Vox Humana with tremulant singing as a solo stop brazenly flaunting its beauty throughout its whole range. I don't want to bury it in a choir of other stops, however attractive that might be. Neither do I want to substitute the pearl of another stop for this diamond with a tiny flaw. I have a diamond - I only want its last facet polished. Please. Isn't someone in Hauptwerkland up to the technical challenge involved here?
regards,

Cooky.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Hello Cooky,

Thank you very much, I am glad you are enjoying volume 3!

We'll see if we can experiment to get those extended Vox notes tremming while keeping them sounding fairly natural and with the same trem rate. If the results prove decent then I have no problem with offering them as an option.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Fokko

PostTue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm

B. Milan wrote:We'll see if we can experiment to get those extended Vox notes tremming while keeping them sounding fairly natural and with the same trem rate. If the results prove decent then I have no problem with offering them as an option.

That would be great!

Ian R

PostSun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Brett,

A while ago I asked how to get the Flageolet, Trumpet and a few other stops to sound on the Borstwerk division of Hinsz. You replied (below) that I needed to engage the Bovenwerk 2e coupler, and this did the job. Now, however, the engagement of that coupler does not make those stops sound. Any ideas for me?

Thank you.

Ian

B. Milan wrote:Hello Ian,

You would need to have the Bovenwerk 2e coupler engaged since that now couples to the 1st Bovenwerk division. Also have a look in the user guide on the DVD which lists the function of each coupler. They are now more true to the original organ (with the exception of the added couplers of course) whereas vol. 1 and 2 were slightly different since the 1st Bovenwerk was not present.

I hope that helps.

Cooky

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 am

Hi Ian,
I would begin with the assumption that the problem is not in the Hinze sampleset, since it was working perfectly.
This leaves you with the probability of a broken "link" somewhere in your midi or audio chain.
Check out midi by engaging the relevant stops and playing from the onscreen keyboard display which the Hinze organ provides as one of several displays. That is, use your mouse to engage stops on the screen, and also to play the keyboard from the screen display (for the Hinze, the Bovenwerk screen display keyboard is second from top) If you get sound response then the problem is somewhere in your midi link between the console and computer.
If you get no sound then the problem is probably in your audio links.
Let us know the outcome and I will gladly help you further, if you have not tracked down your own solution.

Cooky

Stefanussen

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 am

Hello Ian,

Can you check to see if the "AFSLUITING Bovenverk" is engaged? That will also be necessary to hear those stops.
Rob Stefanussen

Ian R

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 am

Many thanks. All now resolved. Ian

Ian R

PostMon Nov 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Ian R wrote:Hi Brett,

Hinsz is amazing - thank you.

I expect there's a simple solution to this question - could you advise me? All working beautifully but no sound coming from these Borstwerk stops: Spitsfluit 2 Fluittravers 8 Holpijp 8
Salicional 8 Principaal 4 Flageolet 1 Trompet 8

Many thanks,
Ian

Hello all, When I asked this question before, Brett advised me to engage the Koppeling 2e Bovenwerk. I have this Koppeling engaged but still no sound from the stops mentioned above. Any advice appreciated. Thank you, Ian

Return to Hauptwerk instruments