It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:10 pm

The Anloo Organ

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

M. van der Grond

Re: The Anloo Organ

PostFri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Yes, you're right with the o, but the A sounds different too.It's the A from car, not from Ann..

Just let me say it: this is a wonderful instrument! Pure and strong. And such a bargain!

GDay

PostFri Jan 15, 2010 7:53 pm

So "Anloo" is pronounced "Onlow"?
G'Day

I still have a few small chickens for sale . . .

M. van der Grond

PostSat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 am

I'll try to use the International Phonetic Alphabet: [ɑnlo]

scottherbert

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 5:24 pm

CHRIS 037 wrote:Additional Comments:

For me it's like the difference between hearing a rank and its celeste rank all through the same stereo pair of speakers, then comparing that to separating the two ranks out to two separate sterero systems. When the "beats" caused by the pipes come from separate speaker systems, it sounds better to me----this is just my observation from trying it out.

So, I feel the same kind of improvement is to be heard when thirds (or other pitches) of the same rank are played through separate speakers. Of course I do hear "beats" but instead of them sounding like a sort of volume pulsing, it comes across as that neat "celesting" that pipes really do have. I haven't really been able to hear much of that sort of thing using only stereo channels.

On another subject: I just received the Rabstejn/Strelou organ from Sonus Paradisi. Again, the price was just too tempting. I haven't tried out the surround version so far. More about that some other time. But, I was right in thinking the dry version would be an interesting match to the Anloo organ. So, this evening I installed the dry Rabstejn on that second Mac Pro and voiced it to match the Anloo. The result was quite satisfying as a third manual! It's a somewhat smaller organ but does have some fine sounding pipe ranks.

I will say that I did try to use it first in stereo, as with the Anloo at first, and that the result just didn't have the realism I have gotten used to. But, when reloaded into the 12-speaker grouping, the much more real sound appeared IMO.

Leo Chris.

Well, there you have it. Proof that Leo used 2 computers to run 2 examples of Hauptwerk at once.
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

adri

PostTue Jul 12, 2016 3:07 pm

When you say a-ha! Then the first a is the one you use to say Anloo.
Loh is probably closer than low, because there is no w sound at all.
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments