Search:
Submit Search

St. Maximin nouveau est arrivé

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...

St. Maximin nouveau est arrivé

Postby zurek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:09 am

...St. Maximin nouveau est arrivé...

The third Thursday of November is famous for the arrival of the Beaujolais Nouveau. All the lovers of the French culture have, nevertheless, one more reason to rejoice this year: the new version of the St. Maximin sample set has also arrived...

http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/organs/Max/history.0.asp

The organ was recorded by Sonus Paradisi in the spring of 2010, taking care of all the advanced Hauptwerk features, including the surround technique, multiple releases etc. The virtual console has been designed from scratch using our latest techniques, offering the original, the extended version, including the dual stop jambs for use with double touch screens. The wind modelling benefits from our latest findings of feeding the virtual organ with virtually hand pumped wedge bellows which offer historically appropriate way of wind supply and have positive influence on the virtual pipe behavior.

The wet and surround package is now available. The dry version will appear later. The old release of St. Maximin in the style of Hauptwerk 1 is now obsolete and not supported further. All the users of the old version are kindly asked to consider upgrading to the latest release, using the upgrade order form on the web pages.

I wish to thank to all my beta testers for heavy testing during the recent weeks. Special thanks must be expressed to Frederic Deschamps and Martin Kondziella and Francois Ratte, who spent enormous time testing the sample set before the release and provided many useful remarks. Thank you.
zurek

Re: St. Maximin nouveau est arrivé

Postby grobgedackt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

I just placed my order. I know it will be worth the price. Sonus paradisi's samplesets get simply better an better, the sound of the latest sets (Smecno, Zlata Koruna, Velosovo etc.) is simply stunning. So now all I have to do is wait :roll:
grobgedackt

Postby bourdon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Hourrah !...
bourdon

Postby bourdon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Just tried the demo sample set : it's really a very great job. "Bravo et merci , c'est fantastique "!
bourdon

Postby zurek » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:18 pm

There are many people trying to download the demo versions of the sample set according to the statistics of the server. Unfortunately, the download gets slower as many users are trying to download it concurrently. It would be nice, if someone experienced could upload the demo sample set of St. maxmin to some file sharing public storage where the download speed could be higher. I have no experience in that and I will not do any research in this area. However, if someone expert in this field would do that for others, it would be nice.
zurek

Postby micdev » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Jiri, I could host it..

Will try to download the demo version and inform the users about that.

François

It is 2h42 pm Eastern time (north america) - I began the download and have about 2 hours to go before it becomes available. As soon as the download is completed, I will post the link as an alternate download site
5h00 pm estern time (GMT -5)
Oups... forgot that once the download done, I must upload it to the website. So should be another 2-3 hours before you can access it.

2 links will be available: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5691669/St.Max. ... ptwerk.rar and http://www.hauptwerkconsultant.com/page ... ptwerk.rar but wait after 8:30 pm Eastern Time (GMT -5.00)
Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com
micdev

Postby micdev » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:35 am

Dear all,

Jiri updated is website to include two other links to download the St-Maximin demo; the one going to my website is working, but in the last hour, Dropbox disabled my public folder... too much traffic! So please use the link pointing to my website - http://www.hauptwerkconsultant.com/page ... ptwerk.rar

Regards
François

micdev

Postby imcg110 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 am

Just to say that I have downloaded the demo. I still had the previous V1 demo disc which I loaded up again for comparison. Night and Day!!! The new V2 instrument feels and sounds like a real organ. All the single release artefacts have gone and the presence of the surround sound is amazing. It really sounds and plays like a different organ. Needless to say the order has been placed :-)
imcg110

Postby zurek » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:39 am

Only today, I had some 6 minutes left (all the other time for the last 5 days is taken for the installation media creation for the unusual high amount of orders of the sample set) to add the promissed ac3 encoded surround demo files of the Martin Kondziella performance.
More importantly, Martin supplied the complete Hauptwerk combination file which may be loaded into Hauptwerk and used in conjunction with the St. Maximin sample set. (I am not sure about the technical procedure, unfortunately - can some Hauptwerk expert write an instructions how to import external combination files into Hauptwerk, please? I would love to publish it with the file on the web page.) This is beneficial for the users who are not experienced enough in the old French music - they can use directly the same combinations of stops which Martin used to record the demos for the web page, which is very good tutorial, I would say. Thank you, Martin!
zurek

Postby micdev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:50 am

Dear Jiri,

That's great... something that more sample sets producers should do; provide professionally built registrations specific to the organ.

This file is for the St-Maximin STANDARD EDITION.

******** Edit as requested by Martin **********

Since installing combination files is not yet supported within Hauptwerk, I'm removing the instruction to do so.

Users who are "hackers in heart" :wink: know how to copy/install a combination file, but they are on their own!

Hauptwerk 4.0 will provide the needed tools to manage combinations files.

Also, on my St-Maximin review webpage (end of the page) you will find some French Classic music to dowload and a book explaining French organ registration:
http://www.hauptwerkconsultant.com/page ... aximin.asp

Voilà!
François
Last edited by micdev on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

micdev

Postby zurek » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 am

Dear Francois ... yes, thank you very much for your expert advice!
... Well, that is exactly what I feared: that the importing process cannot be done using Hauptwerk and must be done manipulating directly the folder structure of Hauptwerk. Well, that is something inexperienced users should never attempt to do, since there is a danger of corrupting Hauptwerk installation by manipulating its folders. Well, I have to confess, that I had quite a few professionally made combination files from my users in past for other sample sets, but I never published them, since I would not like the users to corrupt their Hauptwerk installations by doing dangerous things in the folder structure... I just could not resist this time, since registering French repertoir is not easy for inexperienced user and St. Maximin does require a lot of experience in that.
So, please, when using the above mentioned instructions, take care that you know exactly what you are doing in the Hauptwerk file system!
zurek

Postby micdev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 am

Jiri and all,

While it is true that the file will be downloaded into one of Hauptwerk folder, if the user follow "recipe 1" which is:

******** Edit as requested by Martin **********

Since installing combination files is not yet supported within Hauptwerk, I'm removing the instruction to do so.

Users who are "hackers in heart" :wink: know how to copy/install a combination file, but they are on their own!

Hauptwerk 4.0 will provide the needed tools to manage combinations files.

But as always, since this way of doing things is "outside of regular Hauptwerk use", there will be no support from Brett and Martin... and should you shoot yourself into the foot... you will be the one to blame :wink:

François
Last edited by micdev on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

micdev

Postby mdyde » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 am

Hello Jiri/Francois,

The forthcoming Hauptwerk v4.0 will have a native function to import combination files safely and correctly, without the user needing to navigate or interact with Hauptwerk's files and folders manually. The folder structures, file formats, and filenames of Hauptwerk's internal folder structures will also be different in some significant respects for v4.0 (Hauptwerk will of course natively and transparently migrate installations from v3/v2 to v4, but instructions to edit v3's internal folders manually would potentially be inappropriate or damaging if applied to v4's folder structures).

Hence my recommendation and request would be to wait for v4.0 before publishing instructions on how to import combination files, and then just to refer users to the new native function for it.

In general, we'd strongly advise against attempting to change any of Hauptwerk's internal folders or files manually - in the worst case you could end up with a broken Hauptwerk installation, and it's something we definitely can't support.

OR

if you are used to create folders, ...

That would only actually be the correct path for a default Hauptwerk v3 installation on a Windows PC. Installations that were migrated from v2, or Mac installations, or installations for which the user had selected the custom installation option, could have different paths. File/folder permissions might also be relevant (especially on OS X, which has a higher level of default file/folder security than Windows).

Hence again, we'd strongly advise against editing Hauptwerk's folder structure.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Postby micdev » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:15 am

Martin,

I edited my previous post; since you're asking us to wait for Hauptwerk 4... I guess it is pretty near the door :wink:

Best regards
François

micdev

Postby mdyde » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks, Francois.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments