It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am

Salisbury volumes 2 and 3 released

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

pwhodges

Re: Salisbury volumes 2 and 3 released

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 7:26 am

kkiiwwii wrote:There did not seem to be an option of paying for upgrade of 2 and 3 together,

I just put both together in the basket, as suggested somewhere, and this was processed as a single unit without problem. (Too late for you, but might help someone.)

Paul

kkiiwwii

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 7:50 am

I tried that, but when I added the tick in the "upgrade from 2 to 3", the tick in the previous box disappeared, so thought it best just to get the first download first. The PAB gave the option of just downloading without a disc being sent, but it doesnt seem to be an option with the Salisbury.
Charles

pwhodges

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 8:04 am

No, you tick one and put it in the basket, then continue shopping and tick the other to add it to the basket separately. I agree it's a little surprising there isn't a combined option, none the less.

Paul

clement703

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 am

Downloads were fast and complete the first time. Just waiting on license update. This is the day I have been waiting for - Great Christmas present!

Bob
Last edited by clement703 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

telemanr

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 am

Downloaded and installed. USB update was almost instantaneous. Can't play it because I'm on a train and away for Christmas.

For some reason 2 files came through without the c..._rar ending and I had to add it before HW could see the files.

Can't wait to get back and start playing.
Rob Enns

MikeDC

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 11:54 am

telemanr wrote:Downloaded and installed. USB update was almost instantaneous. Can't play it because I'm on a train and away for Christmas.

For some reason 2 files came through without the c..._rar ending and I had to add it before HW could see the files.

My filenames changed as well. Just says something like Vol3_Disk5. I'm not at that PC right now so I can't check the exact wording, but it's not the same as it's listed on the FTP site.

clement703

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:15 pm

MikeDC wrote:
telemanr wrote:Downloaded and installed. USB update was almost instantaneous. Can't play it because I'm on a train and away for Christmas.

My filenames changed as well. Just says something like Vol3_Disk5. I'm not at that PC right now so I can't check the exact wording, but it's not the same as it's listed on the FTP site.

I dowloaded five files:
Salisbury-Willis-OrganDefiniton-Volume-2
Salisbury-Willis-OrganDefiniton-Volume-3
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-4
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-5
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-6

They came through with no file extension just the filesnames shown above.. Adding an rar extension is not a help - Hauptwerk still does not see them. The downloaded files on my computer are precisely the same size as shown on the download page so I don't think that is the problem.

I tried extracting them. The OrganDefinition files extract to a OrganDefintions folder with filenames
Salisbury-Willis-Volume-2-Wet.Organ_Hauptwerk_hbx
Salisbury-Willis-Volume-3-Wet.Organ_Hauptwerk_hbx
and a license file
The Hauptwerk loader does not see these either.

The DVD files extract to folders with components or stops.

Nowhere do I see a "CompPkg" file that the Hauptwerk installer is looking for.

What am I missing?

gingercat

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:21 pm

The full filenames should be e.g.
Salisbury-Willis-OrganDefiniton-Volume-2.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-4.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
You shouldn't manually try to extract anything as the built in Hauptwerk installer expects them in the format as downloaded.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:27 pm

kkiiwwii wrote:I have ordered the upgrade to vol 2, paid for it and waiting the email instructions to download. There did not seem to be an option of paying for upgrade of 2 and 3 together, and $30.75 has been added as shipping costs on upgrade 2. obviously I do no want to pay for another shipping cost when I order the last upgrade, and will do this when no. 2 is downloaded. How can this be avoided?( 2 shipping costs)
We also have an odd situation in this country in that 15% may be added to a physical delivery of discs over a certain minimum amount, but there is no provision to pay tax on downloads irrespective of value- so therefore I would not accept delivery from the post office for the discs if this tax was payable. This is not unlawful, even though it may seem strange.
Charles Seppings

Hello Charles,

Many thanks for your order!

We can refund shipping on a second order should you place it before we send the first order out. The way its looking we won't be shipping until next week, so there's still time, please just include a note with that order and we'll take care of it for you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:31 pm

pwhodges wrote:
kkiiwwii wrote:There did not seem to be an option of paying for upgrade of 2 and 3 together,

I just put both together in the basket, as suggested somewhere, and this was processed as a single unit without problem. (Too late for you, but might help someone.)

Paul

Yes, that was from my original post in this thread. In order to minimize the amount of upgrade options we implemented it the way it is with separate upgrades items for volume 2 and 3. It is the same method for our Bovenkerk options and have never had problems. It just requires that you add item to the cart then doing so again with the second item as you've written.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:34 pm

clement703 wrote:
MikeDC wrote:

I dowloaded five files:

They came through with no file extension just the filesnames shown above.. Adding an rar extension is not a help - Hauptwerk still does not see them. The downloaded files on my computer are precisely the same size as shown on the download page so I don't think that is the problem.

I tried extracting them. The OrganDefinition files extract to a OrganDefintions folder with filenames
Salisbury-Willis-Volume-2-Wet.Organ_Hauptwerk_hbx
Salisbury-Willis-Volume-3-Wet.Organ_Hauptwerk_hbx
and a license file
The Hauptwerk loader does not see these either.

The DVD files extract to folders with components or stops.

Nowhere do I see a "CompPkg" file that the Hauptwerk installer is looking for.

What am I missing?

If the file extensions are missing then most likely your browser or download manager has modified them. If you use an FTP transfer program it should maintain the file extensions. You can simply rename the files to be correct then they should appear in the Hauptwerk Organ Install window.

You can view ftp instructions at http://www.hauptwerk.com/downloads. View the FTP download PDF, then enter downloads.hauptwerk.com navigate to the mda \ salisbury folders and you can then download the files through FTP that way more reliably than with a browser.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

PeterD

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:38 pm

I've had exactly the same problem

"I dowloaded five files:

They came through with no file extension just the filesnames shown above.. Adding an rar extension is not a help - Hauptwerk still does not see them. The downloaded files on my computer are precisely the same size as shown on the download page so I don't think that is the problem."

Even if I change them to the format on the server

"The full filenames should be e.g.
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-4.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar"

The Hauptwerk Installer doesn't see them- allthough WinRar now does

Any ideas anyone ?

in anticipation.. Thanks

Peter
Be careful what you set your heart on......you may achieve it.

telemanr

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:43 pm

I added the required missing stuff by hand. .CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Rob Enns

gingercat

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:50 pm

PeterD wrote:The Hauptwerk Installer doesn't see them- allthough WinRar now does

That suggests you have renamed with a .rar extension - you need to make sure it has a "CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar" extension (with underscores, not fullstops). You may need to turn on displaying of file extensions in windows explorer to be able to do this (tools->options->view->uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types")
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Here's some information if the files you downloaded do not appear in the Hauptwerk Install window.

If you download via a browser some browsers they may change or remove the file extensions (nothing we can do about that, it is the browser causing this).

The file names should be as follows:

Salisbury-Willis-OrganDefiniton-Volume-3.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar

Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-4.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-5.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Salisbury-Willis-Samples-DVD-6.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar

If the files do not have this in their name please just try renaming the files on your computer once downloaded to match exactly as above then they should appear in the Hauptwerk Install window.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments