It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

What to do with digital organ to be replaced?

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

mnailor

What to do with digital organ to be replaced?

PostSat Oct 15, 2016 2:53 pm

I could use some advice from people who have replaced their console and needed to get the old one moved out.

I ordered a MIDI console from Organtechnology to replace my Ahlborn-Galanti AG3200, which functions as both a Hauptwerk console and a digital organ. I wanted 4 manuals and more easily replaceable electronic components to go into retirement with.

So we need to do something with the AG3200. I'd rather not have it hauled to the landfill, and would be happy to give it away to somebody who can use it. They'd have to hire a piano/organ mover with the right dolly, straps, and pads to safely move it. There are 3 brick steps down from the front porch to plan for, too.

I bought it new in 2003. There are a couple of parts that need replacing: the swell to pedal coupler tab lightbulb and the music rack flourescent bulb are out, and the fast-boot battery pack needs to be replaced so it takes a few minutes to power up. All can be ordered from the General Music parts dept in Illinois.

A real defect is that only 7 of the 8 external stereo output pairs work, limiting it to 14 external amp channels if used as a digital organ. Not an issue as a Hauptwerk console. I tried replacing the output board, but that didn't fix it.

There is no local dealer support, just parts.

Any ideas how I should go about finding a potential home for this? Location is Woodstock, GA, 40 miles North of Atlanta. It's available now.

Thank you.
Mark Nailor

P.S. I've already rejected the option to make it into a big flower pot.

magnaton

Re: What to do with digital organ to be replaced?

PostSat Oct 15, 2016 5:45 pm

I just Google'd the Ahlborn-Galanti AG3200 and see that its 3 manual organ! I would NOT send it to the landfill, especially in the Atlanta area where there is a huge appreciation for organs and its music (400 members on the AGO mailing list and 11 installations of 5-manual consoles). :shock:

Simple answer is Craig's List. From past experience 2 manual consoles are aplenty but 3 manual consoles can go quickly. Keep running the ad and someone will want it. After about 2.5 months on Craig's list I finally found a home for my old 1976 vintage Lowrey console. If its MIDI ready with drawknobs, it should go quickly. The other alternative is to advertise with the local AGO or ATOS. The ATOS Chapter doesn't charge for an ad.

Danny B.

polikimre

PostSat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Or just advertise here! Upload a couple of pictures, take measurements and set a price. I'm looking to upgrade my console to 3 manuals, so I could be interested.

ChangedForever

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 am

Mark - I'm in Georgia and very interested!! Can you PM me?...

ChangedForever

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 1:30 am

Mark, that's even BETTER... I just noticed your in cherokee County and I'm in Bartow... AND I'm on vacation next week. Can I pick it up next weekend?.... :lol: :D :lol:

mnailor

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 9:03 am

Sorry for the delay. I'm at a FEIS today and can't figure out how PM on my little phone screen. Will try tonight when home. Thanks!

mnailor

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Changedforever,

I tried sending a PM but it stayed in my PM Outbox instead of moving to Sent, so I have no idea if it got to you...

I'm away next weekend, but work at home in case you want to test it during the week. Please let me know what day and time would work for you.

Email: mnailor@mindspring.com

engrssc

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 2:49 pm

mnailor wrote:I tried sending a PM but it stayed in my PM Outbox instead of moving to Sent, so I have no idea if it got to you.

It's been my experience that a PM will stay in your outbox until it is read by the person you are sending it to reads it.

Rgds,
Ed

ChangedForever

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks Mark - email sent. See you in a few days :D

Antoni Scott

PostFri Oct 21, 2016 8:33 am

What an aweful dilemma. This console is just begging to be converted to Hauptwerk. I'd take it in a heartbeat if I had the room. It would be a travesty to put it into a landfill. How long can you hold on to it ?

I know someone that wants to get into Haupwerk but doesn't want to spend the money on keyboards, pedal-board, etc.

mnailor

PostFri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 am

It doesn't need to be converted for Hauptwerk. I've used it exclusively for Hauptwerk for several years.

However, I decided I need the space to get the new project going, so I'm having it hauled next week. It turns out I don't have the time to field the questions and viewings associated with trying to find somebody local to take it.

Thanks.

mdyde

PostFri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)