It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Relisted: Gulbransen Premiere Theatre organ in SW Washington

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

notdefined

Relisted: Gulbransen Premiere Theatre organ in SW Washington

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Available again, this time for free!
She will give it to anyone who would enjoy having it.

Saw this in the Portland edition of Craigs List:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/5644427117.html

The woman that owns this is selling her house and building a smaller one closer to the coast. I tried to determine if Gulbransen built midi capability into it, but have been unable to do so, regardless, it should be good for a Hauptwerk conversion, especially a theater organ simulator. She cannot ship the instrument and can't even move it, but I may be able to help in that area. I might even be able to deliver it within the western Washington/northwestern Oregon area.
Last edited by notdefined on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jkinkennon

Re: Gulbransen Premiere Theatre organ in SW Washington

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Likewise, I would lend a hand if it is going to a Hauptwerk user in the area (SW Washington, Portland).

notdefined

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Thank you John, I may call on you. I also came across some Rodger's expression pedals that are not the usual cast metal shoes, but rather around 1" thick metal framed and rubber matted wood. Matt Neil over in Beaverton has them. I got 4 and depending on how many that he has left, may get more. They are new/old stock.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rodgers-Roland-Express-Pedals-NOS-Wood-and-Metal-With-10K-Pot-for-Virtual-Organ-/262494563073?

TomBentley

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Regarding the Gulbransen Premier == it was the first organ I owned, bought from a friend/performer in Washington DC years ago and long ago sold. But I do know that that model was not midi equipped as a factory standard but was a lovely little instrument. I added a leslie kit to mine as well as its own built in leslie and had many fun hours playing.

notdefined

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 11:26 pm

TomBentley, do you know if the stop tabs are attached to SAMs? The owner knows nearly nothing about the instrument other than her father gave weekly concerts on it at their home.

toplayer2

PostTue Jun 28, 2016 9:37 am

To the best of my knowledge, of the mainstream US makers of home theater organs, only Allen and Rodgers built instruments using SAMs in their higher end models. 70's era kit organs from Devtronix and Artisan were offered with SAMs as well. Today Walker is another supplier for those who can afford them.

Joe Hardy

TomBentley

PostTue Jun 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Sorry for the tardy reply -- there were no SAMS.

jkinkennon

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 am

I'm not sure about the Gulbransen, but for some tabs without SAMs it's possible to convert them to a one way action by inserting an extra strip of felt beneath the tabs so they always spring back up. It's then possible to toggle the stop on and off and use something like an LED to indicate that the stop is 'On'. The only complication and hassle is to figure out how to mount the LEDs. This will also eliminate the significant expense involved in driving most SAMs. Most any decoder board will have a sufficient output for the LEDs.

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)