It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am

Sale of sound system, Melbourne Australia

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

kwbmusic

Sale of sound system, Melbourne Australia

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 am

Due to age (coming up 82) and a series of operations that will render me more or less immobile for most of this year I deem it prudent to dismantle my Hauptwerk system at this time. Sometime within the next week I will place this equipment on the Australian Ebay but whether there is anybody in the greater Melbourne, Australia area that may like to extend their speaker system at a moderate cost I thought I'd give a heads up here.
What is involved is the RME Fireface 400 audio system and three Behringer units. A B2092 sub woofer and two Truth B2031 active studio monitors. The monitors are similar to the B2031A monitors still available for sale.
I have no idea as to market value but I would hope to get $100 for the RME and say $250 for the three speakers.

Keith

engrssc

Re: Sale of sound system, Melbourne Australia

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 5:54 am

Amazing how quickly we can become older in spite of our desire not to. :wink:

Best to you, Keith.

Rgds,
Ed

sonar11

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 8:38 am

I don't know you or your condition, but I would like to encourage you to hang on to your equipment anyway instead of selling it for the price of a few tanks of gas. You never know if you might want to take it back up again "on the other side" once/if you recover sufficiently; and having it around as a goal to work towards can only improve your condition :) I know I miss my organ the most when I am not able to play it for more than a few weeks!

kwbmusic

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks for the comments folks. It is not quite a complete give up - the heart of my Hauptwerk system is a CX2500 Hammond organ. If a quit the above equipment I am still left with that organ to enjoy. Also I play a Yamaha Tyros 4 arranger keyboard as well, so i do not intend to completely give up playing music.
Keith

organtechnology

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 pm

kwbmusic wrote:Thanks for the comments folks. It is not quite a complete give up - the heart of my Hauptwerk system is a CX2500 Hammond organ. If a quit the above equipment I am still left with that organ to enjoy. Also I play a Yamaha Tyros 4 arranger keyboard as well, so i do not intend to completely give up playing music.
Keith

I just hope I can still play keyboard at 82! 8) Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

profeluisegarcia

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 7:44 am

organtechnology wrote:
kwbmusic wrote:Thanks for the comments folks. It is not quite a complete give up

I just hope I can still play keyboard at 82! 8) Thomas

Yeah. I´m currently teaching a beautiful old lady how to enjoy making music on a keyboard: simple melodies and harmonies not to far form A minor. And she is happy doing that.
Yesterday she came to visit me for first time, met St. Anne and now likes to play HW.
¡She is 87 years old with slight Parkinson¡ :)

hschoof

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 1:02 am

Hi Keith
Just wondering if you have sold any of this gear yet. I may be interested in all of it.
We are in Perth WA.
Kind regards
Hans
Hans Schoof

kwbmusic

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 am

Apologies, a little late in the follow up. I started this post with what is now a very embarrassing depressed state of mind. Quick trip to the present. Six months on, I have a new titanium knee, no longer in pain, knee no longer frozen, 8 degree bow leg now straight. Maybe 82 years old, but I certainly feel like a new man.The other reality I have faced is that as a consequence of giving up sport about 10 years ago my muscles were shrinking away. Following pre and post operation advice I do regular exercising every day. That in itself has made a tremendous difference to my sense of well-being.
Outcome is that there is no way i will close down my Hauptwerk setup and the pedal work, previously carried out in pain, is now part of my regular enjoyable exercise routine.
As background to this operation I was intrigued to discover that my surgery in Australia followed after my knee was modeled in the USA, the titanium replacement and a special one-off tool made in Belgium, and perhaps the best surgeon in Australia.
A happy ending for me.
Regards to all,
Keith

OrganoPleno

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 am

kwbmusic wrote:Outcome is that there is no way i will close down my Hauptwerk setup and the pedal work, previously carried out in pain, is now part of my regular enjoyable exercise routine.

What a wonderful outcome! Thanks for the Update.

John_Abson

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 11:25 am

...'gave up sport at 72...' - you are one of those determined people, obviously! I had both knees replaced last year and can report a similar turnaround. The only thing to fear is fear itself, as FDR pointed out. :D

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)