It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am

Rodgers 340 Shell offered free in Annapolis, MD

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

Frank-Evans

Rodgers 340 Shell offered free in Annapolis, MD

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Posting this for a friend...
He lives in Annapolis, MD and has a console shell to dispose of.
Rodgers 340 Theater organ shell... Natural walnut finish, in pretty good shape..
The shell, top, stop rail (no tabs or SAMs), music rack..
There is no back, pedalboard, keyboards or bench..
FREE for pickup, otherwise it will be attacked with an ax and made dumpster fodder....
email : skees@springsips.com

engrssc

Re: Rodgers 340 Shell offered free in Annapolis, MD

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 4:07 pm

I have a 340 and Frank has an "improved" modified 340 console. Really high quality, solid real hardwood, not the laminated whatever that are used today. The horseshoe stop rail is quite valuable in itself. The "asking price' alone should be quite an incentive.

Rgds,
Ed

organtechnology

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Frank-Evans wrote:Posting this for a friend...
He lives in Annapolis, MD and has a console shell to dispose of.
Rodgers 340 Theater organ shell... Natural walnut finish, in pretty good shape..
The shell, top, stop rail (no tabs or SAMs), music rack..
There is no back, pedalboard, keyboards or bench..
FREE for pickup, otherwise it will be attacked with an ax and made dumpster fodder....
email : skees@springsips.com

Pictures?

Are there pieces of a 340 pedalboard available or did the 340 have an AGO (54" wide) pedalboard?

Is there any possibility to get in on a pallet and wrapped in cardboard and shrink wrap for freight pickup?

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

engrssc

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 6:18 pm

organtechnology wrote:Are there pieces of a 340 pedalboard available or did the 340 have an AGO (54" wide) pedalboard?

Just measured mine, the inside dims for a pedal board measures 55.25 inches. This shell could make a really great Theatre instrument. One slight consideration, 340's were built as custom organs, something like 7 different versions and a very limited total number. (less than 100 in total). Even empty, my guess is the console weighs quite a bit. Mine has always had all the original components and weighs over 800#. The interior would be quite spacious, but the console requires a 36" door(way). We got ours in via the double French doors of our family room.

It could be that the basic console(s) were the same dimension wise and the various configurations differed. The original 340's all were 3 manual organs with a curved stop rail. After lifting the lid, the stop rail hinges forward for access to the SAM's and the original) keyboards were hinged (upward) as well. You may recall, Frank did a fantastic makeover of his and added a 4th manual and many more SAM's. I have seen pictures of 340's without all the gold trim.

Here is a picture of my 340:

Rgds,
Ed

Frank-Evans

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Thomas,
No the console would have to be picked up where it resides in Annapolis. There is no bench, keyboards, SAMs or pedalboard with it, just the console shell with the bolster and top.. The owner is up in years and has some health issues and is very limited on what he can do physically. It is currently located in a storage unit...
Regards
Frank Evans

organtechnology

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 11:56 pm

Frank-Evans wrote:Hi Thomas,
No the console would have to be picked up where it resides in Annapolis. There is no bench, keyboards, SAMs or pedalboard with it, just the console shell with the bolster and top.. The owner is up in years and has some health issues and is very limited on what he can do physically. It is currently located in a storage unit...
Regards
Frank Evans

Thanks Frank. I pass.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)