It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

Free Allen Theatre organ console

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

engrssc

Free Allen Theatre organ console

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 9:10 am

CLASSIFIED DETAILS
Mid 1960s allen (analog) 3 manual theatre organ console. No speakers. This is an excellent candidate for a Hauptwerk conversion, with multiple key contacts thru-out. Pedalboard and bench included. Console is offered free. Pickup appx 2 miles off I-75, north of Atlanta, GA.

The organ console is sitting on the main floor of the house, with one step down to a concrete paved carport and concrete driveway. It's an easy load out with an organ dolly, although it's heavy and would need several
guys to get it onto your trailer. I can possibly furnish a couple of guys here

Contact Seller Jay Mitchell (sousascousin@gmail.com)

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

Re: Free Allen Theatre organ console

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Seller gave this further info:

With the console in an upright position, it will go thru a 32 inch doorway, turning one cheek through at a time. It can also be turned through a doorway on it's side on a mover's dollie, such as you can get at Menards. In either case, the door has to be taken off its hinges to gain the full opening of the doorway.

Rgds,
Ed

RaymondList

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm

This is a big brother to my 2 manual Allen I recently converted. After a number of conversations with a friend who is an electrical engineer with 35 years experience designing switches, and also because of the way the Allen keyboards were wired, I chose to use 2 contacts per key and to use 14 volts to do the keying. Midi Boutique was able to supply the midi equipment for me to use that 14 volts. I find it works like a charm! The most time-consuming part of this conversion would be identifying each wire going to each key. It just takes patience. This will be a wonderful Hauptwerk instrument!
Ray

engrssc

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Still available. Ideal for a H/W conversion.

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

PostMon Dec 31, 2018 3:00 am

It has a new home. No longer available.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)