It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:56 pm

Unwanted 30-note pedalboard - free - West side of London, UK

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

chorn

Unwanted 30-note pedalboard - free - West side of London, UK

PostSat Jul 06, 2019 11:21 am

I have a pedalboard (radiating and concave, reclaimed from a pipe organ) that I bought years ago, intending to use it with Hauptwerk, but I haven't done anything with it (apart from some testing when I first got it).

Why get rid of it? ...

It's been decades since I used to play the organ. Admittedly, sometimes, when I hear an organ, I still think I ought to play again, but I suspect it would take a lot of practice to get back into it. I remember (when I first learnt) spending hours doing exercises to get independence between the left hand and feet, and I don't really want to do all that again. And, worst of all, I'd hate to find I couldn't get anywhere near playing the pieces I used to play.

I suppose the right approach might be to find an organ I can have a go on, to see what I can still do. And perhaps it might all come back more easily than I expect.

But, even if I do decide it's worth the effort to get back into playing the organ, I really don't think I'd want to assemble the hardware myself.

So ... does anyone want this pedalboard?

It would have to be collected from my home at the West side of London (ie out beyond Ealing).

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)