It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Wanted- Allen organ 61 note manual (preferably in UK)

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

daveyspen

Wanted- Allen organ 61 note manual (preferably in UK)

PostTue May 22, 2007 4:47 pm

I already have 2 x manuals from an Allen digital Theatre Organ 1980's vintage, and would like to aquire a 3rd to expand the stack. The keys are plastic/cellulose tops over wooden keys, in an alluminium frame. I have investigated many second hand keyboards of other makes, but never found one of the same size (848mm between key cheeks) which I suspect is A.G.O. spec, as it is the same dimension as my Hammond organ. Unfortunately Hammond manuals are unsuitable as they are always slightly ivory in colour, whereas the Allen manuals are quite white! I accept this is a "Long-shot" as not many Allen organs get dismantled !

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue May 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Hello David,

It just so happens that I have recently dismantled my old Allen and have saved both of the keyboards in their frames. I also have the pedalboard and bench if anyone is interested in them. I know you prefer something more local, but if you are interested I can take pics and measurements for you. These are from around 1976 I believe.

I originally was going to try and sell the console (see Organ for sale post), however due to time/space limits I needed to get it out of here, so I scrapped the console and kept the keyboards and pedals (with reed switch assembly).

Thus I have 2 61 note manuals with white plastic keys/black sharps and one 32 note AGO pedalboard in a light oak finish as well as a matching bench. They all need to go eventually and I'll soon post them on Ebay if no one is interested in them here in the Hauptwerk community.

Let me know if you have any questions on them.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)