It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

New to CCH protocol question

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

TomBentley

New to CCH protocol question

PostTue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 am

Good morning,

I have sent a message to CCH thru the contact us link on cch but thought I'd follow it up here just in case I was taking the wrong approach. Being both new to HW and CCH (new in terms of having finally saved enough cash to purchase the advanced edition and the Skinnereorgan last week) I was convinced on purchasing Skinner by listening to the uploaded songs of a member of CCH. I would love the opportunity to contact this user directly and seek some advice/help regarding registrations he used as I am totally registration illiterate! Is it improper, or not allowed to contact an uploader directly and if it is permissible how to you manage to get an email to do it? Hope I am not overstepping the limitations of CCH or HW here but thought it never hurts to ask.

Thanks for any info/assistance anyone might share.

Tom

pointyflute

Re: New to CCH protocol question

PostTue Jan 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi, Tom

The easy way to contact a Hall member, if they also maintain membership of this forum, is to send them a PM, or personal message. Go to the HW forum members list, sort it in alphabetical order and see if their forum name is on the list. If so, click on their forum name to go to their profile, then click on "send PM."

Alternatively, when on CCH, check to see if they are online too and available for chat. Click on their name to give them a beep, and type a short message. If they reply, you're in business.

Cheers, Terry

dwood

PostTue Feb 03, 2015 9:40 am

Just to update you here.

We just released a private message feature on Contrebombarde. Just log in to have a look.

You'll find the icons on the music page and a user's profile page.

You'll find a link to your message center at the top of the page next to "My Account".

Darryl

pointyflute

PostTue Feb 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks, Darryl, that simples it up a lot. :D

dwood

PostTue Feb 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Enjoy!

"that simples it up"... I like that. Stealing it!

Darryl

pointyflute

PostTue Feb 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Steal away, Darryl. I stole it from an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." You might also enjoy "Gee, could you vague that up for me?" - as a response to a statement lacking in clarity. :?

Cheers, Terry

profeluisegarcia

PostTue Feb 03, 2015 4:22 pm

pointyflute wrote:
Alternatively, when on CCH, check to see if they are online too and available for chat.

Cheers, Terry

Hello all¡

Does it mean the same being available ("I´m available") from being available for chatting? Many times I restrain myself from chat with some fellow for not knowing how busy or concentrated is he listening those great organists or doing another important task.

1961TC4ME

PostWed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 am

profeluisegarcia wrote:
pointyflute wrote:
Alternatively, when on CCH, check to see if they are online too and available for chat.

Cheers, Terry

Hello all¡

Does it mean the same being available ("I´m available") from being available for chatting? Many times I restrain myself from chat with some fellow for not knowing how busy or concentrated is he listening those great organists or doing another important task.

I think it's the same difference. :wink:

Marc

dwood

PostWed Feb 04, 2015 9:57 am

Hi profeluisegarcia,

Marc's right. The only difference is that the direct messaging is not realtime. It's like an email system within Contrebombarde. Chat, on the other hand, is instant communication with someone who is actively online at the moment. It's more like texting on your phone or using google chat.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall