It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 am

Massive Speed Change

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

dwood

Massive Speed Change

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Not one to toot his own horn, Raymond has rewritten the code of the Browse page. The speed of that page has gone from 10+ seconds of response down to less than 2. Anyone who has been using the site has probably been somewhat frustrated with the browse page. Well, no longer.

It was a big job. Now it's done. Enjoy!

For those who don't know, we've spent over $40K this year upgrading Contrebombarde. We added "the Barde" and all of those helpful and inspiring articles. We revised the Meet & Greet so that you can get in touch with Hauptwerk users wherever you are or plan to be. We added the direct messaging system to connect with users offline. Also lots of other little changes that make life better.

Behind the scenes though, Raymond has been working on upgrading a site that was meant to be just for fun into a scaleable system that will accommodate growth for a long time to come.

Given the discussions sparked by the recent release of our Patron system (http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/home/view_cat/cat/9/sort/56/order/last_modified/limit/6), by user-request, we have also added the "Donate" button to the top navigation menu.

http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/home/donate

If Contrebombarde has made any sort of impact on you, and holds a place of significance in your Hauptwerk universe, please consider stopping by and contributing to the work we're doing.

Above all, keep coming by to enjoy the music and community, being enriched by the site and enriching others by your interaction with them.

James

Re: Massive Speed Change

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 4:39 pm

I very much appreciate Contrebombarde, and check in every day. I just tried to contribute (twice), and met with a "problem loading page" at the PayPal site. I am a Mac user, and PayPal has always worked flawlessly. I still would like to put my money where my ears are.
Thanks, James

raymondg

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 9:33 am

Hello James. It should be working fine now - someone else has also donated and it has gone through.

Thank you again for contributing and for letting us know about the issue!

EdoL

PostSat May 23, 2015 3:59 pm

I donated also, twice by accident and got two error screens from PayPal.
Perhaps it came through, but I got no message on receiving from CB.
Perhaps an automatic receipt message could be built in the system.
Cheers,
Edo

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall