It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

free edition download problem macair

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

ronald

free edition download problem macair

PostWed May 13, 2015 2:41 pm

I placed 10 min. ago this question but can't find it anymore. Does it take more time or need an o.k. before placing? (my first time here)

I tried more than ones to download the free edition on mijn macair (8 gig) but noting happens. I see the icon in the doc but the load-bar remains empty.
What to do?
Thanks!

mdyde

Re: free edition download problem macair

PostThu May 14, 2015 4:08 am

Hello Ronald,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks very much for the interest in Hauptwerk.

ronald wrote:I placed 10 min. ago this question but can't find it anymore. Does it take more time or need an o.k. before placing? (my first time here)

When you post a forum topic/reply it should appear immediately. (Posts don't need to be approved by moderators.) Perhaps you were accidentally looking in the wrong section of the forum for it?

ronald wrote: tried more than ones to download the free edition on mijn macair (8 gig) but noting happens. I see the icon in the doc but the load-bar remains empty.
What to do?

I've just checked, and the Hauptwerk download currently is working fine for me on a Mac using Safari. Note that the download file is very large (about 2.3 GB), so it might take some time to download, depending on the speed of your Internet connection and on how many other people are downloading the file from the website at the same time. It currently takes about 40 minutes to download for me (which is limited by my Internet connection speed), but the server is capable of downloading faster than that if you have an extremely fast Internet connection.

Also, Safari's download progress indicator is rather short, so unless you have a very fast Internet connection it might move very slowly, but still actually be downloading properly.

Have you tried just leaving it to run for an hour or two, to see whether the progress indicator does actually move (albeit slowly)?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ronald

PostThu May 14, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks for your reply! (I hope this wil be a replay on the answer of Martin because each forums works another way)
I just "saved" the first time and than nothing happens. The second time I tried "submit" and it worked... stupid of me.

I did 't know it should be such a long time to download the free edition so I will will try it again.
regards,

mdyde

PostThu May 14, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks, Ronald.

Hope it downloads well for you this time.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)