It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 am

Windows 10 compatibility with Hauptwerk

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

kwbmusic

Re: Windows 10 compatibility with Hauptwerk

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 am

Further to Martin's earlier comment I discovered that the change to Windows 10 (from 7) led to a duplicating of midi references in the MS Device Manager. I deleted the duplicates. However when starting with Hauptwerk a screen came up with options regarding missing midi setups. I initially opted to reinstate them. Consequently on another start of Hauptwerk I got the same screen. This time I opted to get rid of them (or some such words) and I appear now to be back to normal. That is apart from re-setting up my Launchpads.
Keith

kwbmusic

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Further to an earlier post regarding my Edirol PCR800 having no driver under Windows 10 I have finally succeeded in getting there, perhaps called a home made solution. See http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-ultimate- ... 67234.aspx
Keith

barry48

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 9:08 pm

I have searched the Edirol web sites for an updated Windows 10 driver for the UM-1 MIDI to USB converter, but with no luck. If anyone is still using the UM-1 with Windows 10, could you let me know if it works OK? I believe the latest drivers for this device are Windows 7.
Many thanks,
Barry

kwbmusic

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Barry, I don't know whether the self creation of the driver as I have referenced above, is valid for the UM-1. However I do know that it works for the UA-25.
The referenced method does require an existing driver for Windows 8.1 as a starter.
Keith

barry48

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello Keith,
Many thanks for your quick reply.
I think the UA-25 is a much later unit, and has drivers for 8 and 8.1, or so I believe. But the UM-1 driver specs stops at Win 7. When I get enough courage, I will give your suggestion a try. If all else fails, I will have to rebuild back to Win 7 but hoping to avoid all that.
Regards,
Barry

kwbmusic

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Last edited by kwbmusic on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

barry48

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks Keith,
They now have drivers for 8 and 8.1 it seems. Wonder if they will eventually go for the Windows 10 drivers?
I do have a MIDI interface on the Delta 1010 LT sound card, so may be a better option to try that. Don't know of anyone else using it though.
Cheers,
Barry

jstreiff

PostSat Oct 29, 2016 10:28 pm

An observation regarding Windows 10 as opposed to earlier Windows operating systems. Windows 10 uses a mandatory memory caching service that cannot be disabled; it is embedded in the operating system kernel. This has the net effect of increasing system memory demand. It also increases interrupts if the system has too little memory. As HW is memory intensive it would not be surprising if systems upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 might exhibit issues due to insufficient available memory. Of course this will be entirely controlled by the amount of installed memory. Safest bet, be extremely cautious of upgrading a limited memory existing Windows 7 or 8 system running HW. If buying a new system, go long on installed memory.
Previous

Return to Computer hardware / specs