It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

Bovenkerk Hinsz Trem

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

BVH

Bovenkerk Hinsz Trem

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 2:20 pm

How do I add a trem with a stop in the Hinsz instrument? I see that there is a folder called "Bovenkerk-Tremulant" in installation package number 131, but I get an error when I specify that folder in the rank table.

mdyde

Re: Bovenkerk Hinsz Trem

PostSun Aug 30, 2015 5:03 am

Hello BVH,

I've just had a look to check, and the Hinsz Bovenkerk sample set's 'Bovenkerk-Tremulant' folder contains waveforms for Hauptwerk's native tremulant model. They aren't separate ranks of pipe samples. Only the Vox Humana has separate pipe ranks sampled with a tremulant on in that sample set:

https://www.milandigitalaudio.com/instruments/baroque/1741-bovenkerk-hinsz/?back=Instruments

Hence the same applies (for all ranks apart from the Vox Humana) as with Mt. Carmel Skinner sample set that you asked about previously in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14404

I.e. you need to use the Trem_... attributes in the CODM's Rank entry to define a tremulant for the (un-tremmed) pipe rank samples, in the way covered in the 'Using Hauptwerk’s native tremulant model' section in the CODM user guide (page15 in the current v4.2.1 version).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

BVH

PostSun Aug 30, 2015 11:54 am

Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I wasn't clear. I had set up the rank for Hauptwerk's native tremulant model (similar to the Skinner set) for manual 1 as:
<Trem_TremulantCode>1710</Trem_TremulantCode>
<Trem_SampleInstallationPackageID>131</Trem_SampleInstallationPackageID>
<Trem_WaveformSampleFileFolder>Bovenkerk-Tremulant</Trem_WaveformSampleFileFolder>

But the error message I get for the rank is "The specified tremulant sample folder doesn't contain any samples with valid filenames."

The files are there. This smacks of something simple I've neglected, but I can't figure what it could be. Any ideas?

mdyde

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 4:43 am

Hello BVH,

Thanks for the clarification.

I see the problem now -- the files in that sample set's folder aren't actually named in the way required for compatibility with the CODM. I'll see what Brett suggests.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Yes, you'll just need to copy and paste those trem samples into a custom folder, then rename according to the file naming scheme that the CODM requires.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)