It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

Pedal rank with choir expression.

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Penrhos1920

Pedal rank with choir expression.

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 2:41 pm

I’m trying to configure an extension rank that is available as a 16’ on the pedals and 8’ on the choir. The choir is enclosed and includes the 16’ pipes. I have the choir working properly but I cannot set up the bottom 12 pipes on the pedals so that the choir expression pedal. The bottom 12 notes are loaded as a separate rank.

If I include the same code as used for the 8’ rank:
<Encl_IsEnclosed>y</Encl_IsEnclosed>
<Encl_EnclosureCode>230</Encl_EnclosureCode>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_OverallAttnDb>3</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_OverallAttnDb>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MaxFreqHz>1000</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MaxFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MinFreqHz>200</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MinFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_ExtraAttnAtMinDb>9</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum036_ExtraAttnAtMinDb>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MaxFreqHz>2000</Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MaxFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MinFreqHz>200</Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum036_MinFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_OverallAttnDb>3</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_OverallAttnDb>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MaxFreqHz>8000</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MaxFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MinFreqHz>100</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MinFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_ExtraAttnAtMinDb>9</Encl_FiltParamWhenClsdForPipeMIDINoteNum096_ExtraAttnAtMinDb>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MaxFreqHz>10000</Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MaxFreqHz>
<Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MinFreqHz>100</Encl_FiltParamWhenOpenForPipeMIDINoteNum096_MinFreqHz>

then I get the message
“Enclosure ID 000230 has pipe ID 002072 listed as an invalid element – if the maximum frequency is greater than the minimum when the box is closed, then the same must hold when it is open, and conversely.”

I get a similar message if I use enclosure 204. I can’t see how the enclosure parameters do not work for the pedal rank but do work for the choir rank so I tried no parameters. If I include
<Encl_IsEnclosed>y</Encl_IsEnclosed>
<Encl_EnclosureCode>204</Encl_EnclosureCode>

without any enclosure paramenters.
then I get the message “The rank named “ Clarinet16” in invalid – enclosure parameters must be specified if and only if the rank is enclosed”.

What am I doing wrong?

mdyde

Re: Pedal rank with choir expression.

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 4:10 am

Hello Richard,

Penrhos1920 wrote: I have the choir working properly but I cannot set up the bottom 12 pipes on the pedals so that the choir expression pedal.

Do you mean that you'd like these 12 pipes to be enclosed on the Pedal (as well as sounding at 16' pitch)?

Penrhos1920 wrote:Enclosure ID 000230 has pipe ID 002072 listed as an invalid element – if the maximum frequency is greater than the minimum when the box is closed, then the same must hold when it is open, and conversely.

(For our reference, and for future forum 'search-ability' the error code for that message is 3152.)

Penrhos1920 wrote: I can’t see how the enclosure parameters do not work for the pedal rank but do work for the choir rank so I tried no parameters.

It will be because the enclosure filter frequencies are specified for MIDI note numbers 36 and 96, whilst the pitches of those MIDI notes will be different for a 16' rank compared to an 8' rank, resulting in the projected frequencies being different for the note range you're using.

See also my detailed explanation on how to make sure that the maximum and minimum frequencies don't cross for any note within the desired note range in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6467&p=45248#p45248
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Penrhos1920

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 4:10 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Richard,

Penrhos1920 wrote: I have the choir working properly but I cannot set up the bottom 12 pipes on the pedals so that the choir expression pedal.

Do you mean that you'd like these 12 pipes to be enclosed on the Pedal (as well as sounding at 16' pitch)?

Exactly

It will be because the enclosure filter frequencies are specified for MIDI note numbers 36 and 96, whilst the pitches of those MIDI notes will be different for a 16' rank compared to an 8' rank, resulting in the projected frequencies being different for the note range you're using.

See also my detailed explanation on how to make sure that the maximum and minimum frequencies don't cross for any note within the desired note range in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6467&p=45248#p45248

That's great. Now I understand and I've got it working. Thanks

Most of the error messages are clear and I've been able to correct errors. But some like this meeage are a bit more complex. Is there a list of error codes and how to resolve them?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Glad to hear you've gotten it working now.

Is there a list of error codes and how to resolve them?

No, the error codes are part of the Hauptwerk source code which isn't available outside of our own company.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)