It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

Portrait layouts for Krzeszow sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

chr.schmitz

Re: Portrait layouts for Krzeszow sample set

PostFri Sep 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi 162_Ranks,

could you please check, whether the required graphical elements have been correctly installed?

This is the folder, where the console background should have been installed:

/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/OrganInstallationPackages/001981/Graphics/Console/

The file name of the single jamb background is:

singleJambLandscape.png

… and this is the folder,  where the stop elements should have been installed:

/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/OrganInstallationPackages/001981/Graphics/Stops6

The layout has the name: Single Jamb Ext. It is located between the original left and and right jambs and the extended left and right jambs.

If these files have been installed, and the ODF has been installed in the corresponding folder

/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/OrganDefinitions

it actually should work.

Best regards,
Chris

162_Ranks

PostFri Sep 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Thank you, I probably just have an install issue. This is a huge help with this sample set, I really appreciate your work!

Brad

BaroqueDMX

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 11:48 am

I have this loaded up on my system. It looks beautiful, but the calligraphy is still a bit difficult to read, possibly because of my failing eyesight, even with 23" portrait monitors.

One major problem I'm having is that on the Hauptwerk division I'm only getting sound from the C# side of the organ.

I currently have all the standard stops going to Main, and Rear going to Surround, which doesn't play when I use the headphones.

Any idea what I might be missing?

Also, even when I uninstall everything, both this extension and the full standard surround sample set, when I re-install it, the Hauptwerk software seems to still remember everything. That doesn't seem proper. I wanted to redo the entire installation because inadvertently the 2nd RAR file was corrupt so I went ahead and installed everything except the extension and then added the 2nd one when I had a good copy. Then I added in the extension. The standard installation plays just fine both the C and C# sides of the Hauptwerk division.

I haven't yet tried it with both Main and Surround speakers since it disturbs everyone else in the house.

chr.schmitz

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 11:58 am

Hello BaroqueDMX,

Unfortunately I have no idea, why you have these problems. Sorry for that! I edited the "original" Krzeszow ODF and (only) added some additional screens. I did not touch routing or any other sound features.

As soon as I am home, I will try out, whether I can reproduce your issues on my system.

It would be pretty easy to create "better readable" jambs for you, as the font is part of the background and not of the control. If we can solve your issues, it will be a pleasure to provide you these jambs (not as installation package - you would have some pretty easy and straight forward "handwork").

Best,
Chris

BaroqueDMX

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris.

The specific sequence for installation was:
870-871
Extended

I didn't load the organ before installing Extended.

I'm used to the HW software completely getting rid of everything when an uninstall is done, but for some reason it is remembering the one piston I set.

I think if I could clear out everything and start from scratch, then it would all get straightened out.

By the way, the only reason I decided to go ahead with purchasing the Krzeszow sample set was because of your extension with the portrait jambs. I have such a tough time reading the stops for consoles that don't include portrait left and right jambs. I'm really looking forward to getting this working properly.

Thanks for your assistance,
Jim

mdyde

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello Jim,

To clear all settings for an organ completely when un-installing it, you need to make sure that you:

- Un-install the entry prefixed with 'Organ: ...' (not just its 'Data: ...' components), *and*:

- Say 'yes' when then asked whether you'd like to delete the settings and combinations for the organ.

A 'cheating' way to achieve the same effect would be to load the organ via the 'Design tools | Load organ (with design options), with all the 'Reset ...' options ticked, as well as the 'Show rank audio/memory options/routing screen' option, but all of the other options un-ticked.

BaroqueDMX wrote:One major problem I'm having is that on the Hauptwerk division I'm only getting sound from the C# side of the organ.

I currently have all the standard stops going to Main, and Rear going to Surround, which doesn't play when I use the headphones.

My guess is that you have two logical audio outputs (on the 'General settings | Audio outputs | Routing ...' screen tab) in the same logical audio output group, and one of those audio outputs doesn't have device channels selected to which your amplifiers/speakers are actually connected.

However, that will affect all organs equally.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 am

Hi all,

As an easier readable font may be interesting for more Krzeszow lovers I publish Jim's version as well. I exchanged the calligraphic font with Bodoni 72 bold. The new link can be found at the bottom of my web site.

Keep in mind: the full original Krzeszow sample set has to be installed to make the extension work correctly.

Best regards,
Chris

chr.schmitz

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 am

I learned so many things over the last two years, that I decided to update my very first published extension.

V1, an easier readable v1 (using Bodoni 72 bold) and the new v2 can be found here: http://hauptwerk-organ.com/krzeszow

Chris

chr.schmitz

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 am

Today I announce the availability of the next version of my Krzeszow extension.

Version 3 provides now a total of six additional jambs in a single ODF (all jambs from version 1 and 2 plus one additional simple screen are included):

• An extended single landscape screen (font: DIN Alternate Condensed),
• Dual extended landscape and portrait screens (font: Vampire Calligraphy),
• Dual plain (extended) landscape and portrait screens (font: DIN Alternate Condensed),
• A simple (extended) screen with simple block graphics (font: Arial).

All extended jambs provide the above mentioned additional standard couplers. The extended single landscape screen, the dual plain screens and the simple screen are optimized for readability on screens of all sizes. Due to further internal optimizations, the memory footprint of all eleven screens is still less than 70 MB.

Screenshots and the free download link can be found on my website:

http://www.hauptwerk-organ.com/krzeszow/

The new extension should now fulfil everybody's needs. If not, please drop me a note.

Best regards,
Chris

mnailor

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Thank you for adding the simple jamb. I had given up using this sampleset because I couldn't read the stop labels on my landscape monitor even with your previous extension v2.

josq

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks, nice layouts!

A couple of minor comments based on the screenshot of the simple layout: HW Viola di Gamba is at 16', not 8'. Brustwerk Mixtura is 4 rangs.

Man. III. couples to II, and II couples to I. The latter seems missing on the screenshot (there is no direct III to I coupler, nor a I to II coupler, and also no pedal couplers, but of course it's OK to have them as extra features).

You may want to switch the position of the right hand ventils for the Pedal and RP.

chr.schmitz

PostSat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 am

josq,

Thank you for your feedback.

A couple of minor comments based on the screenshot of the simple layout: HW Viola di Gamba is at 16', not 8'. Brustwerk Mixtura is 4 rangs.

Good catch! I corrected the screens and updated the package to v3.01 (same download link).

Man. III. couples to II, and II couples to I. The latter seems missing on the screenshot (there is no direct III to I coupler, nor a I to II coupler, and also no pedal couplers, but of course it's OK to have them as extra features).

For the extended screens, I changed the original couplers in favour of standard couplers. That is the reason, why you do not find an II to I coupler anymore. Instead, you will find III to II and I to II as well as III to I.

If you prefer the original coupling scheme you can use the original Sonus Paradisi jambs. But it seems to be a smart idea to add the "original" couplers to the simple screen. This would allow you to use whatever you want. I may consider that for the next update.

Best, Chris

chr.schmitz

PostSat Nov 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Version 3.02 available!

You may want to switch the position of the right hand ventils for the Pedal and RP.

josq, in the first moment I did not understand what you mean. There are now so many screens, that I did not find the issue. Furthermore, I am a little bit blind for the landscape screens, as my main HW computer has two portrait screens.

Anyhow, I tackled the problem. It was a little bit different than expected and existed already in v1 and v2 (nobody found it until today).

Let's keep our fingers crossed that now everything is fixed! I highly recommend downloading the installation package again (it is only 25 MB large).

Sorry for the confusion! And enjoy this beautiful sample set!

Best, Chris

chr.schmitz

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 5:50 am

Version 3.10 available.

I corrected two typos (in almost all screens) and updated the simple screen with a fresh design.

Best,
Chris

chr.schmitz

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 am

This is the announcment of version 4.0.0 of the Krzeszow extension: https://hauptwerk-organ.com/krzeszow

On user request, tremulants for the Rückpositiv and the Brustwerk have been implemented. These two tremulants can be accessed via the extended and simple screens.

This extension works with Hauptwerk 4 and V.

Enjoy this fantastic sample set!

Chris
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments