It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

Dingelstaedt - Feith Organ for Hauptwerk

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

zurek

Dingelstaedt - Feith Organ for Hauptwerk

PostFri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

I have the pleasure to introduce the Dingelstaedt Organ Model for Hauptwerk. It is an instrument built by Anton Feith, completed in 1933. The instrument has 3 manuals, pedal and 45 speaking stops, numerous playing aids and couplers. Its tonal characteristics is predominantly of a German Romantic style, but influenced by many other concepts, including an American eclectic organ tradition and perhaps even a theatre organ tradition.

The sample set can be used in Hauptwerk version 4.2 and higher, the Advanced version is necessary due to the size of the virtual instrument. It is available in a surround (6-channels). The sample set is encrypted, hence no use outside Hauptwerk is possible. The listening position can be varied via a built-in mixer. The result is achieved by blending the direct and diffuse virtual pipes in any desired ratio.

More details, including the specification of the instrument may be found on the Sonus Paradisi web pages: http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/m ... organ.html

Please note, that there are no installation media ready to be shipped at this moment. Only download is offered (about 26 GB in total). The DVD media shipping will first happen in early January.

The demo version is available for free download from the web page of the virtual instrument: http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/m ... model.html

To bring this sample set to you for Christmas, there is now nice discount on the model, ending 9th January, 2016.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

scottherbert

Re: Dingelstaedt - Feith Organ for Hauptwerk

PostSat Dec 19, 2015 5:46 pm

What a beautiful sounding instrument! Jiri has done it again. I also noticed that there is special pricing, a 'Christmas special', if you will. :D
Thank you Jiri for another great, reasonably priced romantic instrument!

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

zurek

PostSun Dec 20, 2015 1:29 am

I forgot to mention that there is the free demo version for download and testing. The download links are published within the presentation of the instrument.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

1961TC4ME

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 pm

I am having one heck of a time downloading part 2 of the demo, also did to an extent with part 1. Have been knocked off 4 x now about 2/3rds of the way through downloading part 2, it just stops, and all with Chrome. Haven't had this much trouble in the past using Chrome. Trying just good ol' Google now to see what happens. Perhaps Jiri's server is a bit more busy than usual with everyone wanting to check this sample set out?

Marc

1961TC4ME

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Both files downloaded and checked out with no errors. :D Now to get it up and running.

Marc

Erzahler

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 12:54 am

Dingelstaedt. Gotta love that!

1961TC4ME

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Installed the demo last night, loaded it front diffuse / rear surround (I liked this sound better), also loaded it front direct / rear surround for comparison. All I can say is..... Wow! By far the best sounding / realistic set I've heard yet. I have to hand it to Jiri, he's made huge strides with his 6 channel / direct / diffuse deal. Ordered the set this morning, now waiting patiently for those 6 extra (and sizable) files to download, then to update the dongle.

It's gonna be awhile but well worth the wait.

Marc

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Hello all¡

Could someone user of this organ please tell me how much space in the Hard Disk does this organ consume?
Thanks
Luis

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 5:45 pm

(deleted -duplicated)

CarsonCooman

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 8:17 pm

profeluisegarcia wrote:Could someone user of this organ please tell me how much space in the Hard Disk does this organ consume?

The installed organ (samples) is 41.1gb. That does not include the organ cache, the size of which depends on whether you load all six channels and at which bit rate. You can find the cache size (since it's the numbers that reflect the different RAM usages) on the Sonus Paradisi web page for this organ.

PCM

Return to Hauptwerk instruments