It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

New user checking out Hauptwerk with some questions

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

MarkEdmonds

Re: New user checking out Hauptwerk with some questions

PostFri Mar 11, 2016 2:53 pm

The two were St. Eucaire and the Virginia Wurlitzer. The dicount wasn't appeearing the shopping cart so I wasn't sure if I needed a code for it.

I'm all sorted now, DHM has got my Hauptwerk license setup and mailed to me.

All I need now is my sample set license request to be processed so I can play the instrument I've bought. I put the request in a couple of hours ago. If you can get that processed for me as soon as possible please so I can get playing, I'll be grateful!

Thanks.

MarkEdmonds

PostSat Mar 12, 2016 2:01 pm

It has been over 24 hours since I placed the license request via your website and I don't have a code yet. I have placed another request just now.

To be blunt, it is not acceptable that customers should be kept waiting on products like this. I have the organ downloaded and installed. The vender did his part immediately and now I am being held up because of the dongle code.

If you cannot supply dongle codes in a timely manner then you need to implement a grace period on new purchases.

I do not enjoy getting angry about things like this. Not a good start to my Hauptwerk experience.

OrganoPleno

PostSat Mar 12, 2016 3:13 pm

MarkEdmonds wrote:The vendor did his part immediately and now I am being held up because of the dongle code.

Maybe, maybe not. Did DHM notify MDA that you have purchased these sample sets? MDA cannot act until they hear from DHM to verify your purchase. Instead of shaming Hauptwerk publicly for this perceived injustice, maybe you should contact DHM and inquire of them how things stand.

Your musical experience is sure to go better if you can manage to keep your temper under control. Life has its ups and downs, everybody here is only human, and people mostly are trying to do their best.

dhm

PostSat Mar 12, 2016 4:00 pm

DHM only supplied the HW license and the dongle update for that.
I was unaware of the sample-set order, which did not come through me, until later.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

MarkEdmonds

PostSun Mar 13, 2016 3:58 am

OrganoPleno wrote:
MarkEdmonds wrote:The vendor did his part immediately and now I am being held up because of the dongle code.

Maybe, maybe not. Did DHM notify MDA that you have purchased these sample sets? MDA cannot act until they hear from DHM to verify your purchase. Instead of shaming Hauptwerk publicly for this perceived injustice, maybe you should contact DHM and inquire of them how things stand.

Your musical experience is sure to go better if you can manage to keep your temper under control. Life has its ups and downs, everybody here is only human, and people mostly are trying to do their best.

Just to be clear on this:

DHM supplied my license of Hauptwerk and that went perfectly smoothly.

I bought the sample set from a different vendor as I had a specific upgrade route available through them. I know that the vender did their part correctly as I received an e-mail from MDA informing me that I had a license update available. I have sent the dongle code to MDA twice now using the link they supplied me in their e-mail but still haven't had a reply.

James

PostSun Mar 13, 2016 5:19 am

Here is an obvious possibility: Check your spam folder.
James

MarkEdmonds

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 4:35 am

James - thanks but I had done that more than once.

The dongle update arrived yesterday evening so all is OK and this matter is now closed.
Previous

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)