It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 am

My Simple Setup

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

rtucker9

My Simple Setup

PostWed Aug 03, 2016 12:51 pm

I downloaded the trial version of Hauptwerk in 2013 and was extremely impressed with the realism of the St Anne's organ. Time passed and I got more in love with the pipe organ sound. Hearing it at church every Sunday was great, but I wanted to hear it more! I looked on this forum and youtube for ideas and thought about what surface would be good for the manual. I thought I would use my 4 ft table, but that wobbles, and I wanted to use my stand, but how would I have space for the pedalboard? The stand I tuck under the pedalboard, as you see it is a double brace and is very sturdy. I found my 4 ft table to be my... bench! It wobbles just a little, but it works until I can find a nice bench possibly on ebay. Preferably one with a foot rest --that won't touch the pedals on the pedalboard.

Ahhh, the pedalboard, you ask?! :lol: I was considering the midiworks 32 note, but because price I decided to go the unconventional route and order it from another vendor. (Alessandro Alfieri of Vercelli, Italy) pedamidikit.org) I did take a chance because I hadn't seen reviews before, but I was certainly not let down! It arrived in pieces and fortunately took only one trip to the hardware store for a tiny torx screwdriver that I didn't have. The assembly was very straightforward, as all that was required was to screw everything together (glue optional). I thought of painting the sharps and flats black, but because it has grown on me unpainted, just the wood, I think I will keep it au naturale :)

As you might guess, my 88-key controller has 27 keys that I don't use on the swell. A long block of wood (2 x 8 inch I think) is the riser which I use instead of keyboard cheeks.

Looking forward to getting the newest Hauptwerk Advanced Edition! Much appreciation to Martin Dyde and Brett Milan for this wonderful software, it's so easy to use. And to be able to play the king of instruments in my apartment, with such a fine, realistic sound, I really feel so lucky.

Romanos

Re: My Simple Setup

PostWed Aug 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Lovely little setup. You have the basics and that's what's important. A bonus feature is that yours is portable if the need arises. I cannot take mine anywhere and there are times I wish I could; they are rare, but boy would it be helpful when those times arise!

rtucker9

PostWed Aug 03, 2016 3:08 pm

You have the basics and that's what's important.

Thanks Romanos for your feedback, indeed. The basics, without much consideration at all to looks. Someday I want to get speakers (and subwoofers like have been posted) to really get the feeling of a real organ, but for now headphones do the job just fine.

I cannot take mine anywhere and there are times I wish I could; they are rare, but boy would it be helpful when those times arise!

That's an interesting idea of it being portable. I suppose I would need a truck dolly to carry the pedalboard, iit being unwieldy and around 70 lbs. Maybe handy for if you spend a summer at a summer home, so you could stay in shape on the organ away from home :)

ldeutsch

PostWed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

I also have an MAudio Keystation 88 that I use for playing jazz on gigs.

Don't forget to use your extra 27 keys for other things - like pistons!

Les

Axle

PostWed Aug 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Yes it's very handy having extra keys which you can assign to new stop combinations, pistons, individual stops or indeed anything that can be linked using Hauptwerk. My Roland Atelier AT-90R has a 76 key lower keyboard which gives me useful extra stops for things like individual pedal stops or keyboard or pedal couplers (in addition to the 12 Pistons already available on the Atelier).

Alex

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems