It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

Can I make my own console page?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Christian Liu

Can I make my own console page?

PostSun Sep 11, 2016 9:00 pm

For example, suppose I've bought a sampleset without encryption, but it has an ugly-looking console page or there's simply not one at all. Then, can I create a new console page for it, and then add it to the original ODF as a "page"?
What kind of tools do I need to do this then?
Thank you!

Best wishes

mdyde

Re: Can I make my own console page?

PostMon Sep 12, 2016 3:54 am

Hello Christian,

Hauptwerk doesn't currently (v4.2.1) have any easy means for end-users natively to add their own graphical console display pages/layouts to existing sample sets, I'm afraid (although we do hope to include such functionality in the longer-term).

As long as the sample set's licence allows it, the options you have are:

1. Create a new organ definition (ODF) from scratch for the organ using the Custom Organ Design Module (CODM). Your CODM ODF could then have any specification you wanted, and with any console layout/graphics that you wanted. The CODM user's guide is on the Help menu in Hauptwerk. The CODM is designed to be reasonably easy for moderately technical people to learn and use, but it does require some 'programming' in XML files. A sample set producer might possibly have included a ready-made CODM ODF versions with his/her sample set for you to use as a basis for your own modifications (although not many actually do that, as far as I know).

2. Make a copy of the existing 'full-format' (non-CODM) ODF and modify/extend it yourself. That could potentially be very complex (also depending upon the complexity of the original ODF), and it isn't something that we can provide any help or support with, I'm afraid. (We only provide support for the 'full' ODF format to major commercial sample set producers, due to its complexity.) However, if you do want to pursue that option then we could email you a copy privately of the documentation for the format; please let us know if you'd like us to do that.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

GrahamH

PostTue Sep 13, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Christian

I sent you a PM.

Regards

Graham

mdyde

PostTue Sep 13, 2016 7:46 am

Hello Christian,

P.S. I forgot to mention, there's also a gentleman named Jake (forum username Subbas32) who provides consultancy services to create customised versions of organ definitions for people: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15447#p115606 .
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support