It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am

Who has the Matyas from Inspired Acoustics?

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

scottherbert

Who has the Matyas from Inspired Acoustics?

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 2:56 pm

I was just wondering what anybody thought of the Matyas set from Inspired Acoustics? If you own it, I would like some feedback.

Thanks,

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

ludu

Re: Who has the Matyas from Inspired Acoustics?

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello Scott,

I own Matyas Personal. I did not buy the professional version including a reverberation program because I play it with a convolution reverberation (Reaper and Reverberate LE). This organ is wonderful for symphonic music and has a huge potential. However its current versions have been recorded before the rebuilding and we can hear clearly that the instrument is out of breath. Inspired Acoustics has made a new record after the rebuilding and plans to prepare new versions. But I don’t know when it will be available, and if I knew it, I am not allowed to give this information as a beta tester of this company. But I may give you detail responses regarding to the Personal version I own.
Luc

scottherbert

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 11:15 am

I have heard this comment before, but I don't quite understand "out of breath". Many good organs are run on low air pressure, and the demos sound very good, so I guess there is something else to it? Also, is the personal edition dry? Why do you add reverb to it?

~Scott

ludu

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 12:17 pm

There is no problem of wind; the expression I have used is perhaps a wrong translating from French, sorry. I would like to say that this organ was in very poor condition before the rebuilding. Many pipes are speaking painfully (instability, inequalities, bad voicing, very detuned mixtures, etc.). You cannot hear it in strong registrations, but it is difficult to play with few stops. Of course, the demos avoid carefully all the audible defects.

The personal edition is almost completely dry. It gives you the feeling of playing inside the organ rather than sitting at the console. The generous acoustic of the cathedral is reproduced only on the professional version. For this reason, I have cut the short reverberation of the sample set and replaced it with a convolution reverberation, simulating a cathedral.
Luc

scottherbert

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 5:35 pm

Thank you Luc, now I understand. I always wondered why, what looked like a large, beautiful organ, was such a bargain!

~Scott

ostrovitch

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 7:52 am

Hi Ludu,

So, according to what you say, the new recording of this organ has really been done?
Because I had some doubts about this new version would be released or not.

ludu

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 10:16 am

Hello ostrovitch,
I am not allowed to give details, but I may confirm that this sample set will be on the market in the future.
Luc

ostrovitch

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 1:38 pm

ludu wrote:Hello ostrovitch,
I am not allowed to give details, but I may confirm that this sample set will be on the market in the future.

Ok, thanks, hope it's in a near future. :D

ostrovitch

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 2:59 am

Today I saw Matyas Organ disappeared from Inspired acoustics catalog.
I guessed right, the Matyas organ improvement was a vaporware.

adri

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 pm

I met Csaba last year in Budapest in Spring time while I was visiting the city and he told me he had plans to re-record the organ, but that he hadn't done so yet. What has happened since then, I have no idea.
I only heard the organ's plenum through closed doors playing Bach (with my ears against the front door) and it sounded quite magnificent. A wedding was going on inside, so they closed it to the many tourists usually swarming around there (me included, haha). :D and also :cry:

ostrovitch

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 am

adri wrote:I met Csaba last year in Budapest in Spring time while I was visiting the city and he told me he had plans to re-record the organ, but that he hadn't done so yet. What has happened since then, I have no idea.
I only heard the organ's plenum through closed doors playing Bach (with my ears against the front door) and it sounded quite magnificent. A wedding was going on inside, so they closed it to the many tourists usually swarming around there (me included, haha). :D and also :cry:

Yes I heared about the re-recording since 2016, It's why I purchased imprudently this sampleset.
But the product disappearing from catalog, and not in the list of upcoming samplesets
is really not a good sign.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments