It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am

"Feel the Bass" with Silent Subwoofers

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

TheOrganDoc

Re: "Feel the Bass" with Silent Subwoofers

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 4:43 pm

My error was to purchase a Sub Amp with a 6 DB boost at 60 HZ,
I now wish that the 300 w. Sub Amp had Flat Response.

I will contact my supplier, to see if I can remove the 6 DB Boost or at least get a schematic,
(so I can get even output from my Clark Synthesys Shaker) ! :roll:
Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

engrssc

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Just this week I had a conversation with an acquaintance who was considering installing a pair of these butt "thumpers" to his bed frame in place of spending money for a massage therapist. I can sort of see his logic as he has a back problem. I suggested he pick appropriate songs depending on how his back felt at a given time. :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

organtechnology

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 10:32 am

engrssc wrote:Just this week I had a conversation with an acquaintance who was considering installing a pair of these butt "thumpers" to his bed frame in place of spending money for a massage therapist. I can sort of see his logic as he has a back problem. I suggested he pick appropriate songs depending on how his back felt at a given time. :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

Like do it yourself "Magic Fingers" in a motel. :roll:
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

engrssc

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 6:51 pm

organtechnology wrote:Like do it yourself "Magic Fingers" in a motel. :roll:

Since we can have Hauptwerk Magic take place in our music room, why not other forms of Magic elsewhere at home?

Sometimes at a stop light, the car in the next lane, generates enough low freq's I can feel in our car.
So nice of "them" to share all that power. :shock: Can't hear any of the highs or mids, but that bass
sure comes barrelling thru :mrgreen:

Rgds,
Ed

murph

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

I just picked up a buttkicker lfe kit today for €100. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's definitely staying.

Romanos

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm so tempted to do this... I have a Johannus that has a generously designed bench; it has a 1.5" thick hardwood lid and a fully enclosed music storage area thats a good 3-4" deep. I could install the kicker in the storage area and have it be totally silent due to the enclosure (and totally invisible). I may have to downsize to an apartment soon (and say goodbye to my SVS PB2000....) If we do that I think I will sell my speaker setup and go with a buttkicker and Audeze in ear planar headphones and call it a day for a while (I find over the ear headphones hot and uncomfortable).

engrssc

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Romanos wrote:Audeze in ear planar headphones and call it a day for a while (I find over the ear headphones hot and uncomfortable).

I mentioned hot :cans" being uncomfortable to a friend. His answer was that problem is no he headphones, it's that I'm a hot head. :oops: He may be right.

IMHO, the only (over the ear) headphones that I find are cool 8) (in all respects) are AKG K712's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKG-K712-PRO-HEADPHONES-BLACK-/131665852400?epid=1722577392&hash=item1ea7e577f0:g:QqEAAOSw5L9XEETP

Rgds,
Ed

Romanos

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I have a very nice pair of Beyerdynamics that are akin to those. They are great from an audiophile perspective, I just can't stand to wear them for more than 20 mins which essentially renders them useless for me.

162_Ranks

PostFri Aug 04, 2017 8:01 am

Seeing this topic bubble to the top again reminds me how happy I am with this $300 investment. Any headphones only/mostly players out there should certainly do this upgrade to their rigs!

Brad
Previous

Return to Amplification