It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am

Bovenkerk Hinsz Demos

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

B. Milan

Site Admin

Bovenkerk Hinsz Demos

PostSun Jan 28, 2007 10:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I thought I would post a couple demos of the Bovenkerk Hinsz organ in Kampen from the recordings during the sampling sessions. Since there has been a fairly good amount of links floating around to other audio clips of this organ I decided it might be nice to share my recordings for comparison and of course to show you what is to be expected for the Hauptwerk 2 version of this organ.

www.milandigitalaudio.com/mp3/bach-fantasia-hinsz.mp3

Showing a full plenum and then the beautiful tremulants on the Rugwerk division.

www.milandigitalaudio.com/mp3/brahms-hinsz.mp3

Showing the lush Romantic side of this organ using many 8' and 4' stops.

Please ignore some of the wrong notes! There really wasn't enough time to redo things to get it "perfect" so these will do and are generally simply used for reference during the sample editing process.

To clarify, these are live on location recordings performed by myself. They are not from Hauptwerk at all!! It will be several months before this project is completed, so I hope these can tide you over until that time and give you an idea of what to look forward to with the new sample set.

Enjoy the glorious sounds!

Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 1:35 am

Hi Brett,
Glorious it is. Can you share the specification of this instrument as is, not how it will be with HW?

Rgds,
Ed

adri

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 6:22 am

I trust that those mixtures which sound pretty much out of tune on this live recording, will not be transmitted to the Hauptwerk version?

prinzipal

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 7:44 am

Hi Brett,
absolute wonderful instrument! and dreamful acustics!
Will you use staccato-releases?
Is there yet a ca. release date ?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Brett,
Glorious it is. Can you share the specification of this instrument as is, not how it will be with HW?

Rgds,
Ed

Hi Ed,

It will be in HW2 as it is currently in real life with all ranks. See the following specification.

http://www.debovenkerk.nl/page_3186.htm

I trust that those mixtures which sound pretty much out of tune on this live recording, will not be transmitted to the Hauptwerk version?

We'll do what we can!

Hi Brett,
absolute wonderful instrument! and dreamful acustics!
Will you use staccato-releases?
Is there yet a ca. release date ?

All notes contain 3-5 releases depending on the initial speech of that particular note. The norm is 3 releases per note (staccato, portamento, full). In cases of slow speech we have recorded several to simulate this and the results are uncannily real. No estimated release date as of yet, but I will of course keep you updated.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

adri

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 pm

Brett,

Any idea how much RAM we will need for this instrument? Will you offer a 3-manual version?

engrssc

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Interesting that even tho it is an organ from apparantly the Netherlands, I can understand many of the tabs. Kinda makes organese realtively universal.

Rgds,
Ed

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Jan 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Any idea how much RAM we will need for this instrument? Will you offer a 3-manual version?

I'm afraid it is far too early to determine memory requirements. Likewise for offering modified files. Really the 4th manual only contains 4 stops and trem, so it is not a huge loss if you cannot access them. You can always couple the 4th to 3rd manual to access those 4 stops as well.

Interesting that even tho it is an organ from apparantly the Netherlands, I can understand many of the tabs. Kinda makes organese realtively universal.

Organese...I like that! Yes, it is from the Netherlands. Kampen is a small historic city about 1 hour North-East from Amsterdam.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

[)Naeryl(]

PostThu Mar 01, 2007 4:48 am

Just found something to wake-up the dreams:

http://www.christelijkeconcertagenda.nl ... -%20Kampen

adri

Fokko

PostFri Apr 20, 2007 9:15 am

Hi Brett,

We are few month's further on. Are you making progress on the Bovenkerk sample. I am very interested.
I can not find any news or information on your website concerning the Bovenkerk.

falcon1

PostSat Apr 21, 2007 5:43 am

Beautiful organ!

Unfortunate that those mixtures are not in tune though.

[)Naeryl(]

PostSat Apr 21, 2007 6:49 am

Oh, with so many stops engaged in such plenum, it's hard to attribute the detune effect to the mixtures "only", so I think we could be confident in the fact that the "Hauptwerkisation" of the organ will probably correct this point!

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSat Apr 21, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi Brett,

We are few month's further on. Are you making progress on the Bovenkerk sample. I am very interested.
I can not find any news or information on your website concerning the Bovenkerk.

Hello,

We currently have several other projects due to be out prior to the Bovenkerk, so I would guess it to be released later in the year, if not early 2008. Sorry for this, however that project will take an enormous amount of time and due to other projects needing attention it will have to wait a bit I'm afraid. Thank you for your interest!

Beautiful organ!

Unfortunate that those mixtures are not in tune though.

Well, one thing we do not have control over is weather during recording sessions. I had talked with the weatherman at the local news and he assured me the mixtures would stay in tune...well, you know how the weather people are... :)

Considering the recordings were all done during the night, it was not an option to keep an organ tuner there just in case some things go out. I have yet to play any organ with perfectly tuned mixtures and other ranks for that matter. It's all part of the nature of the instrument. Even once an organ is tuned, it is already going out of tune.

Of course I will do what I can to minimize any tuning problems once we deal with that end of things.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Fokko

PostSun Apr 22, 2007 4:26 am

Brett,

ai, that is a pitty to hear the release of the Bovenkerk will be later than expected. I do understand this is an enormous project.
Waiting for this release I will enjoying the Bosch-Schnitger, Vollenhove without competition of another sample set. Anyway, thanks for answering.
Greetings from the Netherlands!
Fokko
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments