It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

2012 Metzler Poblet

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

OAM

2012 Metzler Poblet

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 2:52 pm

OrganArt Media is pleased to announce the 2012 Metzler Organ sample set (III/56), Vol. 21, Poblet Abbey, Spain, on the occasion of the OAM 15th anniversary

The Metzler set is either downloadable (about 14 GByte) or will be shipped in a DVD box case including a 16 GByte USB3 stick.

A booklet (English and German version) with many images and detailed information about the Abbey, the organ builder and instrument will be provided later on as pdf or printed version.

For details about the instrument and its specification please check the OAM web site
Metzler Specification

This large new instrument, built by the renowned European Metzler Orgelbau AG, Switzerland, is not a copy of a certain style, but was conceived as a balanced synthesis of the most important elements of European Baroque and Classical organ schools. This is a truly interregional style instrument while being as authentic and accurate as possible to the original examples.

The tonal conception is based on the German Baroque style, centred in the music of J. S. Bach. However the instrument also includes bright French and Spanish reeds, as well as mutations and fonds, the necessary elements for the interpretation of French, Iberian, Late Baroque, Romantic and modern music.

This instrument with the majestic Plein Jeu and Grand Jeu, the warm and full foundation stops and the excellent acoustics is highly appraised by renowned organists and a lot of CD productions now take place. The inauguration concert was played by Olivier Latry on December 7, 2012
Inauguration

The Poblet Abbey has a reverberation time up to 7 seconds with a surprisingly clear acoustics.

A lot of live played sound demos is already available on the ConcertHall site, please search for "Poblet"
ConcertHall

Sample Set Technical Details
The organ was recorded in May 2013 with 48 kHz, 24 bit, multi-channel for Hauptwerk 4. All stops were recorded with multiple release levels for short, medium and long key attacks for optimal acoustical mapping and native tremulant sounds for all stops (no simulation!)
The set supports 2-Channel Stereo. A Variable Audio Perspective (VAP) 4-channel-version is planned for the future.

Several display modes for 16:9 and 4:3 screens in landscape and portrait format are supported: Full console, optimized single touch page, dual monitor touch pages, see
Poblet Screens

Memory requirements:
Standard 7.5 GByte only! (16-bit compressed) up to 14 GByte (24-bit compressed)

Special introductory/anniversary price until February, 28, 2017:
- Downloads (14 GByte): 495.- Euro only, (outside EU: 415,97 Euro) , 595.- Euro afterwards
- DVD-Box shipping: 520.- Euro, (outside EU: 436,97 Euro) , 620.- Euro afterwards

Download/shipping will be available about mid February, order processing and shipping due to sequence of the orders.

I would be happy to receive your order again!
Last edited by OAM on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Helmut Maier
OrganArt Media Sound Engineering
D-88662 Überlingen/Lake Constance
http://www.organartmedia.com

deWaverley

Re: 2012 Metzler Poblet ready for pre-odering

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Excellent news - really looking forward to this one.

. . . ...and many congratulations on your anniversary!

OAM

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Thanks, much appreciated!

Yes, 15 years of OAM, starting from the very beginning of Hauptwerk, can't nearly believe by myself.

Also time to say: Thank you all customers, who made it successful!
Prof. Helmut Maier

OAM

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 9:07 am

Download/shipping has started today!

All customers will be informed by email about the details.Due to the numbers of orders, delivery will take some days.

Hope, you'll like what you get.

Thanks for your orders!
Prof. Helmut Maier

IainStinson

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 8:15 pm

I ordered this instrument a few days ago and downloaded it yesterday. The download of the zip file took about 30 minutes and it took about 20 minutes to unzip. The dongle update from MDA had arrive the previous evening and I had installed before the download link arrived in my email. The HW installer processed the rar file and the organ installation completed without any problems.

I've played it for a couple of hours and it's a great instrument in a large acoustic. I am delighted with this high quality organ. I'll now need to spend a hour or so configuring pistons and other controls so it works nicely with my console setup.

Thanks for a fine instrument.

Iain

profeluisegarcia

Re: 2012 Metzler Poblet

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Hello all¡

I have been playing all day this organ. Metzler has accomplished a superb work of art: a splendid instrument designed and voiced to play any baroque and romantic literature from european traditions (Dutch and Italian included, I think). Also, the tremolos in the three keyboards add great richness to several stops... As to the virtual version, 15 years of OAM creative experience speak in each rank and pipe¡ :D

Luis

Stagge

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 3:41 am

Dear all,

Poblet is a special instrument in many ways, the magnificent strings, the powerful reeds, the very warm and characteristic intonation of Metzler, the radiant Tutti sound, the incredibly great sounding room and much more

OAM did a great job!

This instrument belongs to any Hauptwerk library.

Kind regards
Sven

abaymajr

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 5:37 am

What wonderful and priceless work OrganArt has done! The sampleset undoubtedly does justice to the magnificent Metzler organ. As all OAM samplesets I have purchased until now, this one keeps their high standard of quality. Really impressed.

For highly resonant acoustics, which in this case does not harm the distinctive sound acuity of that Metzler organ, I wish only OAM could consider adding also other channels closer to the organ (if they were recorded, of course), so their VAP feature could provide a subjetive fine-tuning to the default audio perspective.

profeluisegarcia

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 9:17 pm

I was asked by a Forum fellow about my impressions with this organ. I tried to summarize in one clause its more relevant characteristic: Cristal Clear, in every stop¡

OAM

PostSun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 am

Please don't forget:
Only three days left for getting the introductory price
Prof. Helmut Maier

IainStinson

PostTue Dec 18, 2018 7:31 am

Delighted to receive the printed booklet for this excellent sample set.

Thank you.

Iain

OAM

PostTue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the booklet.

Sorry for the delayed delivery, it's always a lot of work to create this booklet type.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Prof. Helmut Maier

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 pm

OAM wrote:The set supports 2-Channel Stereo. A Variable Audio Perspective (VAP) 4-channel-version is planned for the future.

Just wondering if this is still planned for? I'm interested mainly for surround purposes.

Thanks,
Eric

Return to Hauptwerk instruments