It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am

FCB1010 not recognized by Hauptwerk

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

FredM

FCB1010 not recognized by Hauptwerk

PostFri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Last week I purchased a second-hand FCB1010 and got a MIDI to USB cable (Roland UM MK2).

My "organ' is built up of three USB-keyboards Nektar Impact GX61 keyboards and a MIDIfied pedals that comes from a Monark organ. The pedal boards is connected via MIDI-to-USB cable. All these devices are visible in Hauptwerk as resp GX61(A), GX61(B), GX61(C) and USB-MIDI.
I was expecting that the Behringer FCB1010 foot controller woudl be visible as FCB1010. But it is not connected. The controller was connected and powered before I started Hauptwerk. Who can help me with suggestions or tips? Thanks in advance, Fred

murph

Re: FCB1010 not recognized by Hauptwerk

PostFri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi Fred,
the visible part of this is the usb-midi interface. The computer and hauptwerk have no way of knowing that the Behringer is attached to it, just that something is. Just select one of the switches on the Behringer (the 1-10 ones), which will activate the swell pedals, then try auto-detecting the pedals. It should all work then.

FredM

PostSun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 pm

In the mean time I found out that the driver for the Roland UM-ONE MK2 USB-MIDI cable is only available via internet. After proper installation there is now a new MIDI IN port visible in Hauptwerk "UM-ONE". But when I select this MIDI port, select "Auto Detect" and move the expression pedals, nothing happens. When I select the MIDI IN port of one of my USB-keyboards (Impact GX61), Select AutoDetect and then move the pitch bend wheel, this control is recognized and the pitch bend works as swell pedal. Not convenient of course. What do I do wrong? Thanks for your help.

Regards, Fred

murph

PostSun Apr 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Fred,
the first thing that needs to be done is to push one of the 1-0 buttons on the behringer. Then, the led's above the swell pedals should light up (which means they are active). If they don't light, do a factory reset. (See the behringer manual for this). When these are active, auto-detect the swells and all should be ok.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing