It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

Re-Installing windows

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

cjba

Re-Installing windows

PostMon May 15, 2017 11:52 am

A quick question...

My sample sets are on a separate HDD to windows and the main software. If I reinstall windows on the main HDD, and then also reinstall the Hauptwerk program, can the program re-connect itself to all the sample sets still sitting on the other HDD, or do I need to reinstall each separate sample set from the original RAR files?

Many thanks,

Christopher

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Re-Installing windows

PostMon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello Christopher,

The only supported method for this is for you to reinstall each instrument from the original media or downloaded files using the Hauptwerk component installer ('File | Install organ or temperament' menu option).

I hope this answers your question.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mdyde

Re: Re-Installing windows

PostMon May 22, 2017 7:31 am

Hello Christopher,

To add to Brett's reply, unofficially it would normally also possible within the Hauptwerk installer's Custom mode to select the folder level *above* the existing HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents folder for the 'sample sets and components' installer option, so that the installer would set up the new installation pointing to your previous folder:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15690&p=117584#p117525
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16115&p=121046#p121046

However, since you're reinstalling Windows there's a risk that file/folder permissions might end up being incorrect (due to a new/different user account on the new Windows installation), so it's safer just to reinstall everything.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support