It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:43 am

More than 4 configurations?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TimM

More than 4 configurations?

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 5:43 am

Each of the multiple organs I have has its own unique audio routing, so I need an alt configuration dedicated to each organ. Now I want to have two versions of each organ: a truncated reverb for practice and a full reverb for performance. I assume I'll need alternate configurations to do this as well, right? So now the supplied four configurations (default plus 3 alternate) are not enough. Can I create more? Or is there a better way to accomplish what I want to do? Thanks!

mdyde

Re: More than 4 configurations?

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 6:05 am

Hello Tim,

TimM wrote:Each of the multiple organs I have has its own unique audio routing, so I need an alt configuration dedicated to each organ. Now I want to have two versions of each organ: a truncated reverb for practice and a full reverb for performance. I assume I'll need alternate configurations to do this as well, right?

Correct -- each configuration can have only one set of audio settings, and one set of rank options per organ (per configuration).

TimM wrote: Can I create more?

No -- the maximum that Hauptwerk allows currently is four configurations, I'm afraid. However, we do plan to allow per-organ audio settings and routing in the medium-term future (which would avoid the need to use separate configurations if you wanted to have different audio settings for each organ).

TimM wrote:Or is there a better way to accomplish what I want to do?

Not really, except possibly (depending on exactly what you were trying to do) that you might be able to handle the key (variable) parts of the audio routing externally from Hauptwerk itself, e.g. via a VST host such as Reaper, using the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link to output audio to the host. You could then make a separate VST host project per organ, using the VST host's virtual mixing desk functionality for creating whatever routing you wanted. The Hauptwerk AU/VST Link allows up to 32 audio output channels (as 16 stereo pairs).

Release truncation itself would of course still need to be handled within Hauptwerk, so you would still need to use at least two configurations (one for truncated, one for not).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

TimM

Re: More than 4 configurations?

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 8:14 am

Oh well. Thanks for the answer.

Tim

Return to Technical support