It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 am

playing a 4th manual on a 3 manual organ

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

famduppies62

playing a 4th manual on a 3 manual organ

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 6:02 am

dear Hw fellows

my question is :

If I only want to assign the 4th keyboard to a floating division how do I do that? For example, I have the Armley Schulze set, and now have the 4th keypad (Echo) also assigned to the 3rd keypad (SWELL) not via floating division but via autor detect. , But apart seems to me better;)

It is not my intention to play each division on each physical manual , I am only looking for a way to use the 3rd ( upper ) manual for both SWELL and ECHO , I want to maintain the original layout.

thank you in advance .

Greetings

Hans

mdyde

Re: playing a 4th manual on a 3 manual organ

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 6:14 am

Hello Hans,

I see that the Armley Schulze sample set has the following virtual manuals:

- Great
- Swell
- Choir
- Echo

If I understand correctly, your MIDI organ console has three physical MIDI manuals:

- Bottom physical MIDI manual, which you would like to have permanently assigned to the virtual Choir manual.
- Middle physical MIDI manual, which you would like to have permanently assigned to the virtual Great manual.
- Top physical MIDI manual, whose assignment you would like to be able to flip back and forth whilst playing between the virtual Swell manual and the virtual Echo manual (but not playing both the virtual Swell manual and the virtual Echo manual simultaneously).

Is that correct? Or do you always, or sometimes, want your top physical MIDI manual to play both the virtual Swell manual and the virtual Echo manual simultaneously?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

dhm

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 2:20 pm

famduppies62 wrote:dear Hw fellows
I am only looking for a way to use the 3rd ( upper ) manual for both SWELL and ECHO , I want to maintain the original layout.

There are two possible ways you can do this (and I also do this for the Solo manual on the Hereford sample-set when I only have 3 physical manuals):
1. Assign both the virtual manuals Swell and Echo to your physical Swell Manual (Manual 3). Or...
2. Use the Echo to Swell coupler whenever required.

Since you might possibly use the virtual Choir manual less than the virtual Swell, you might also want to consider making the virtual Echo manual playable from your physical Manual 1 (Choir) in the ways described above, rather than physical Manual 3 (Swell). Try experimenting with the various possibilities and see which works best for you.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

famduppies62

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 am

Thanks Martin and Douglas,

I will experiment with these solutions :)

Regards

Hans

Return to Technical support