It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

Midi-decoder for possible Hauptwerk relay project

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

IainStinson

Midi-decoder for possible Hauptwerk relay project

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 3:38 am

Has anyone experience of using the Midi Boutique Midi decoder (http://midiboutique.com/MIDI-decoders/mddp128uN-dp96P) to drive pipe magnets directly?

I am considering using Hauptwerk as a relay for a three rank unit extension organ and thought this unit would meet the decoder requirements well. I'd have to create an appropriate CDM definition to implement the relay function but this doesn't seem too complex.

Comments on the Midi Boutique decoder and other aspects welcomed.

mdyde

Re: Midi-decoder for possible Hauptwerk relay project

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 4:27 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jkinkennon

Re: Midi-decoder for possible Hauptwerk relay project

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 2:06 pm

I've used a 96 load configuration of the heavy duty MidiBoutique decoders such as the one you reference. They are rated at 100V, 5A per load, and the manual specifically mentions the primary mode of operation as being suitable for driving pipe solenoids.

That said, my application was driving SAMs which is different. Still, MidiBoutique offers enough timing parameters to adjust to different situations.

These decoders have proven easy to set up and have been reliable in the six months since they were installed.

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI