It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

Midi Ports Not Showing Mac

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

soyeso

Midi Ports Not Showing Mac

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 am

I am reloading HW into a Mac which underwent a clean install. I lost my settings, but I have PC copies.
However, HW refuses to see almost all midi port connections. When I look at midi ports in, only the nanokey is listed (which is not coming through the interface). The other connections which come through a Motu Microlite interface are no longer seen. I have gone through the manual and tried resetting everything twice, but the ports are not listed. Thanks for any help.

mdyde

Re: Midi Ports Not Showing Mac

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 7:17 am

Hello soyeso,

Do you mean that the MIDI ports from your MOTU Microlite aren't listed on Hauptwerk's 'General settings | MIDI ports' screen?

Hauptwerk just queries that list of MIDI ports from the operating system at the point in time that Hauptwerk launches. (It doesn't support 'hot-plugging' audio/MIDI devices, so you need to make sure the MIDI interface is connected and powered before you launch Hauptwerk.)

Have you downloaded and installed the current driver for the Microlite? If not, it can be found on MOTU's website here:

http://motu.com/download

(It's the 'MOTU MIDI installer'.)

After installing, reboot the computer, make sure that the Microlite is attached to the computer and that its green ('Computer I/O') LED is lit, before you launch Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

soyeso

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 8:09 am

Thank you for jogging this old memory Martin. Of course the driver was missing...
Thanks for the help.
Ports are now visible...

mdyde

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 8:54 am

Thanks, soyeso.

Excellent -- glad to hear that was easily resolved.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support