It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am

Setting up crescendo pedal

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Tmeagher

Setting up crescendo pedal

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 8:38 pm

I have set up an expression pedal successfully. When I move the pedal, the screen responds from 0-31.
I am not getting how to actually create the working crescendo function.
Any guidance is appreciated!!

NickNelson

Re: Setting up crescendo pedal

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Assuming we are considering the St. Annes organ, you need to activate one or more of the Crescento to Great, to Swell or to Pedal controls. See the user guide page 47.

For other organs I wouldn't know.

Nick

profeluisegarcia

PostSat Aug 19, 2017 4:07 pm

...or if you are looking for how to program a master crescendo on a given organ, you can visit page 96.
Regards.
Luis

mdyde

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 am

Hello Tom,

[I've moved the topic here, since you do have a licence for Hauptwerk.]

In answer to your email to us on this (to keep the topic in one place):

Tmeagher wrote:Are there preset crescendo settings? I successfully set up an expression pedal and HW reads movement.
I am looking for a simple ways to get just some basic crescendo functioning. I've read through pages to do this, but not really progressing.
Thanks!!

If others replies in this forum topic haven't already answered your questions, am I right in thinking that you'd like help with how to programme registrations to Hauptwerk's Master Crescendo pedal (on the 'Registration' large control panel), for use with Salisbury Volume 1 sample set that you have (for example, since that organ doesn't have a crescendo pedal natively on its virtual console)?

I can see from your diagnostic file that you have successfully auto-detected the Master Crescendo pedal to a MIDI expression pedal for the Salisbury Volume 1, so that first step is completed correctly.

As Luis mentioned, page 96 in the current v4.2.1 version of the main Hauptwerk user guide has step-by-step instructions for how actually to programme registrations to the Master Crescendo (the 'Programming the master crescendo' section). There are no preset/default registrations for it.

Do you mean that you're having difficulty specifically with those 'Programming the master crescendo' instructions? If so, which particular step(s) are you finding confusing?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support