It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 am

Bottom 7 notes of flute stop are lower than they should be

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

va3ets

Bottom 7 notes of flute stop are lower than they should be

PostSat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 pm

I'm having a weird issue with a sample set that I have. It's the Schantz opus 918 sample set, from http://organexpressions.com. For some reason which I can't figure out, the last 7 notes, from bottom f# down to bottom C on the 8' Hohl Flote on the great, are tuned lower than they should be, so it's creating a severe beating effect. In trying to adjust tuning, we can only go 50 cents lower, or 50 higher, which is not enough to get these notes on this stop fully in tune. I've had this issue from wen I'd installed this sample set, and i've contacted Gary Jordan, from organ expressions, and he said he cannot reproduce this issue on his setup, and that I was only the third person in three years to report this issue. I'm on a 21.5 inch iMac, Mac OS 10.12.6 Sierra, and the latest version of Hauptwerk advanced edition. Since the sample set provider really had no answer for me, I thought i'd come to the forum here, and see if anybody had any suggestions of things which I could try to remedy this strange issue.
Last edited by va3ets on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

Re: Bottom 7 notes of flute stop are lower than they should

PostSun Sep 03, 2017 4:21 am

Hello va3ets,

I have no previous experience with that sample set myself (although I imagine I might be able to get a copy from Gary Jordan if needed), but my initial questions would be:

- Are those pipes/notes borrowed from a different rank? You would be able to tell that by the sliders on the voicing screen showing as disabled (greyed out) for those particular notes when the rank for the (rest of the) keyboard's compass was selected.

- Does the problem occur with each of 'Original organ temperament' and 'Equal temperament' selected?

- Also, does the problem still occur if you temporarily disable the wind supply model on the 'Organ settings | Organ preferences | Wind supply model' screen tab?

- How about if on the 'Audio engine' tab of that screen you also set 'Random pipe detuning adjustment' to zero and 'Air flow randomization' to zero?

- If none of those things eliminate it, are you perhaps routing that portion of the rank to a separate audio output device (in case its sample rate is different from that of your main audio interface, for example)?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

va3ets

PostSun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 am

Hi Martin. Ok will give these things a try. I don't have any other audio outputs that I'm using other than my main interface, which I've got two speakers and a sub hooked up to, as well as a pair of headphones, so the possibility of the rank being routed to other outputs can be eliminated right away. Will try those other things you suggested with the organ's temperament, and the wind supply modelling, to see if this weird issue can be taken care of.

mdyde

PostSun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 am

Thanks, va3ets.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support