It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:46 pm

Armley Schulze vs Rotterdam main

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Organorak

Re: Armley Schulze vs Rotterdam main

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 4:00 pm

I love, love Armley (and have played it a few times in the flesh) though its specification does have a few oddities. I also love the sound of Rotterdam for the baroque repertoire, yet it didn't cost me a penny as the "trial" version alone covers four manuals and has all the most important stops. Why not get both therefore?

Wwhel21

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 pm

thanks Organorak

Very interesting perspective on the Rotterdam demo.

I do love the sound of the Armley (I only have the demo), and keep going back to it when practicing.

magnaton

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Wwhel21 wrote:I do love the sound of the Armley (I only have the demo), and keep going back to it when practicing.

I had the same experience. I got a chance to briefly play the 3/32 version while on vacation and found the other voices were of the same high quality as the demo. It was an easy sale after that but patiently waited for the Complete 4/57 version to be released. I find it to be a very complete spec: chorus and solo reeds, synthetic En Chamade, celeste ranks, mutations, mixtures, 2 divisions under expression, abundance of 16' pitches on manuals and pedals, two 32' pedal ranks. The surround sound version is a complete joy to play. If you are looking a big, shake the walls cathedral organ, this would be it! On occasion when I'd make registration changes on the fly, I find it hard to make any wrong choices, especially after a little tweaking of the Great V Mixtur. 8)

Danny
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments