It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am

who makes historical style MIDI pedal boards?

Hauptwerk and sample sets *not* permitted. Audio and MIDI hardware for use with Hauptwerk, organ consoles, parts, computer equipment.
  • Author

adri

who makes historical style MIDI pedal boards?

PostThu Sep 28, 2017 4:11 am

Since I have moved back to Europe, I would like to have an additional MIDI pedal board, flat, non concave, non-radiating, in historical style, preferably in 18th-19th century style.

Who makes these? Anyone?

Thanks.

Arp

Re: who makes historical style MIDI pedal boards?

PostThu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 am

notdefined

PostThu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Also check out http://www.pedamidikit.org/ . They have many options.

johnstump_organist

PostThu Sep 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Arp and Notedefined links take you to the same place. I know nothing about any of these companies, but UHT also makes pedal boards and they have a very good reputation for quality - not too say that PMK doesn't, I just haven't heard anything about them.
http://www.uht-keyboards.com you can chose your language and under Products select pedal boards.
John

NickNelson

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 2:17 am

Since a flat parallel pedal board is the easiest and simplest type to design and build, I'd be tempted to try and find a local joinery/woodworker to quote for the job. You would need to add the cost of a MIDI kit, but even so it might be a relatively cheap and straightforward option.

Nick

lefranc22

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 am

Marc Adamczewski is selling good flat parallel Hoffrichter MIDI pedalboards on his website at a reasonable price.
http://www.hauptwerk.fr/index1.html

adri

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 5:49 am

NickNelson wrote:Since a flat parallel pedal board is the easiest and simplest type to design and build, I'd be tempted to try and find a local joinery/woodworker to quote for the job. You would need to add the cost of a MIDI kit, but even so it might be a relatively cheap and straightforward option.

Nick

True, but one would need a drawing or blue print to make the parts the right way and all the right distances between the keys as well.

John_Abson

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 7:33 am

Here's a start when it comes to dimensions: http://www.en.laukhuff.de/assets/9.pdf

/J

johnstump_organist

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am

NickNelson wrote:Since a flat parallel pedal board is the easiest and simplest type to design and build, I'd be tempted to try and find a local joinery/woodworker to quote for the job. You would need to add the cost of a MIDI kit, but even so it might be a relatively cheap and straightforward option.

Nick

But it is more than a question of woodworking. There is the question of springs, guides for the front end that stay relatively quiet but yet don't interfere with the free movement of the pedal as well as the whole issue of contacts and wiring.
John

John_Abson

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 6:55 am

Welcome to world of organbuilding :-) (seriously, one of its big attractions - at least for me - is the broad range of disciplines involved).

OSI in Erie sell many components http://www.organsupply.com/assets/Catal ... vision.pdf

The flat heel springs 0350.01 will take care of the pivot and the spring function in one go.
Guidance at the front by the guide wires running in a routed slot in the front of each pedal 0301.53 is a very simple solution provided the pedals are made of a hard enough material to withstand wear and the slot lubricated with graphite paste or similar.

johnstump_organist

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am

Laukhauf used to make a "portable" midi pedal board that folded in half and had wheels to move around easily when it was folded in half and stood up .
I had forgotten about until I saw the mention of the catalog. You might want to go through the catalog and see if they still make it. I inquired years ago and they needed a three or four month lead time, apparently not a stock item, and shipping to USA made it expensive for me, but as you are in Europe now, maybe sera more feasible for you.
John

johnstump_organist

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 12:29 pm

The Laukhuff portable MIDI pedal board is in Chapter 8 of the catalog at 8.72. It is a BDO specification, not flat. Their MIDI consolo is at 8.9. I had also forgotten about it. I've never seen anyone on here mention using it, though.
the link to there catalog page is
http://www.de.laukhuff.de/katalog.html
You can download it chapter by chapter.
John

Return to For sale / wanted (classified ads for private individuals)