It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am

Giubiasco - new free sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

puciak

Giubiasco - new free sample set

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Hello,
I've just released new sample set - Giubiasco. It is a 22 stop neo-baroque organ built by Mascioni located in church in Giubiasco, Switzerland.
More details on my webpage http://piotrgrabowski.pl/

I would like to thank to all of the people, who made this recording posssible and helped me with testing and developing the sample set.

NOTE: Please be forgiving if for some reason download links or webpage will stop to work. Most sample set producers don't face the problem of huge bandwith usage, caused by multiple, simultaneous downloads. If download will break from main download link, try to use download accelerators (for the link click "Problems with downloads?" under Download header), or try mirror link, which directs to GoogleDrive.

Piotr
Piotr Grabowski - Virtual Pipe Organ Sample Sets
https://piotrgrabowski.pl

adri

Re: Giubiasco - new free sample set

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 am

Piotr,

Very professionally presented! I continue to be impressed by what you do, and it's even freely shared with fellow Hauptwerk organists. Felicitations and with my deepest gratitude expressed here for all you do.

You learn something new every day; apparently the "Violoncello" is a trumpet-like reed stop.

I noticed that when the manuals are coupled, you don't see the keys moving on the 2nd manual. Would suggest this as a patch fix so we can see when the manuals are coupled or not.

The acoustics here are half of the sound!

Are you still doing the sampling as an academic project?

Again, welcome back with a new sample set. I'm sure we will all enjoy it very much. Downloading it now.....

:D

puciak

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 am

Adri, thank you for comments.
adri wrote:Piotr,
You learn something new every day; apparently the "Violoncello" is a trumpet-like reed stop.

As it was written on this website http://parrocchia-giubiasco.ch/s.maria-assunta---organo.html: (GoogleTranslate)
Instead of the "classic" Trumpet, a Serassian cutting cello was preferred, thought to be more enjoyable and versatile in use. Its non-aggressive character, characterized by the softness of sound, allows it to act as a vigorous soloist, and to give foundation and solemnity to the "Grands Jeux".
adri wrote:I noticed that when the manuals are coupled, you don't see the keys moving on the 2nd manual. Would suggest this as a patch fix so we can see when the manuals are coupled or not.

This is not a bug. I just don't implement such mechanism if it doesn't exist in real instrument.
adri wrote:Are you still doing the sampling as an academic project?

No, my last sample set made for academic purpose was Melcer Chamber Music Hall. Everything later is just done by myself, with no obligation :)
adri wrote:Again, welcome back with a new sample set. I'm sure we will all enjoy it very much. Downloading it now.....

I hope it will work. Yesterday I released sample set and found out that uploaded file has a bug, so I re-uploaded it.

josq

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 am

Wow, very nice! I am particularily impressed by the Regal, especially with tremulant. Have you used recorded tremulants or have you found how to properly program the tremulant model?

Some releases might be slightly improved, but this is not a complaint - if I want a perfect sample set, I pay a few 100s of euro's, and this set I get for free, and it is wonderful!

puciak

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 9:07 am

josq wrote:Wow, very nice! I am particularily impressed by the Regal, especially with tremulant. Have you used recorded tremulants or have you found how to properly program the tremulant model?

Some releases might be slightly improved, but this is not a complaint - if I want a perfect sample set, I pay a few 100s of euro's, and this set I get for free, and it is wonderful!

All stops from Positivo Tergale were recorded separately with Tremulant. About releases, there is nothing I can do about improving releases when recording is done. If I messed it up, it should be re-recorded, but I have chance to assume if it is right or wrong after countless hours of editing work.

Matteov

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Wonderful work!
This is a fascinating sample set.
I hope you'll record other instruments in Italy, maybe a big italian symphonic organ! :D
Thank you very much,
Greetings,
Matteo

puciak

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Matteov wrote:Wonderful work!
This is a fascinating sample set.
I hope you'll record other instruments in Italy, maybe a big italian symphonic organ! :D
Thank you very much,
Greetings,
Matteo

Thank you. So far I got still 4 recorded instruments to finish - it's work for around half a year or more. Now I'm starting to work on Friesach sample set. I need to make some corrections on Azzio sample set, which is 70% ready and send it to testers.

puciak

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 1:05 pm

I had to release small patch for this set, which corrects couplers wrong behaviour. Current full downloads reffers to the corrected version.
http://piotrgrabowski.pl/files/Giubiasco_Patch1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar (177KB)

OrganoPleno

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 9:55 pm

puciak wrote:It is a 22 stop neo-baroque organ built by Mascioni located in church in Giubiasco, Switzerland

Thank you for this beautiful sample set. Absolutely top quality, and holds it own against the best on the market!

organplayer

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi,

I installed the patch referring the coupler. It worked just once. If I load the organ again the coupler I-II doesn't work anymore. What's going wrong?
best regards
organplayer
(who likes the sound of this organ very much)

lefranc22

PostSat Oct 07, 2017 2:15 am

If I load the organ again the coupler I-II doesn't work anymore.

The same here. But the Hauptwerk Mini Control panel "Master couplers: division II" is working fine and can replace the button on the screen. I'm now using it for coupler.
Very nice organ though.

puciak

PostSun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 am

Interesting. Have you installed patch to version 1.02? After installing patch you shouldn’t of course install big package again. Maybe try to load organ with reloading cache. Few people told me that patch worked great so it’s very suprising.

Patch to version 1.01 was wrong as I wrote on Facebook. The newest one is on my webpage, it’s the same link as before.

Sorry for trouble. I miss autoupdate function in Hauptwerk which will automatically inform people that newest version of sample set is available.

mdyde

PostSun Oct 08, 2017 6:38 am

puciak wrote:I miss autoupdate function in Hauptwerk which will automatically inform people that newest version of sample set is available.

Hello Piotr,

We do have that logged as an enhancement request, which we'd certainly hope to include in some future version.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Atn52

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 11:34 am

Hello,
Super shot and beautiful instrument. I wish it would be in a 3 D surround (hybrid SACD) also 2 + 2 + 2. see Surround 7.1,
Good luck with new recordings
Anton

organplayer

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 am

Hi, as I have already mentioned, I love this organ very much. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a swell. For the first manual, however, I think that would be very nice. Is there any way to put only the first manual on a swell pedal? So far, I have only found the possibility to place the entire output level on a swell pedal. But with that I can only vary the volume of the whole organ and not just for the first manual.
I would also welcome such a feature for other organs that don't have a swell by default.
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments