It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 am

Sibelius 8 on Windows10, no control via mixer

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Fransjv54

Sibelius 8 on Windows10, no control via mixer

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 am

More than 2 years ago I made a composition in Sibelius7, using the Hauptwerk organ and Sibelius Sounds for percussion. Everything worked fine, also the "Cathedral" reverb.
I am reworking the piece now, in Sib8. Everything works, I mean I can get the organ to play the piece, but I cannot get the reverb to playback. Also the organ is not responding to the faders in the Sib mixer.
What do I do wrong?
Frans from Holland.

mdyde

Re: Sibelius 8 on Windows10, no control via mixer

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 am

Hello Frans,

I'd suggest first checking that you have the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link selected as the audio output device on Hauptwerk's 'General settings | Audio outputs' screen (so that Hauptwerk will send its audio output to your AU/VST host, i.e. Sibelius).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Fransjv54

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks Martin, but I did that already. I put the VST link in the VST plugins directory. Or should that be AU/VST?
Can't find that....

mdyde

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Hello Frans,

Fransjv54 wrote:I put the VST link in the VST plugins directory. Or should that be AU/VST?

It's called the AU/VST Link on the Mac, but the VST Link on Windows (since AU is a Mac-specific plug-in type). I assume you're using Windows:

Please don't move or copy Hauptwerk's plug-in (.dll) file, otherwise you might end up with several copies at conflicting versions when future Hauptwerk installers might have newer versions. Delete any copies of it that you might have made, then instead add Hauptwerk's plug-ins folder to your plug-ins search path setting in Sibelius (or alternatively re-run the Hauptwerk installer to tell Hauptwerk to install the plug-in into a different folder).

That aside, you should just need to configure everything as described in the 'MIDI sequencing, the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link and applying real-time reverb: Composing pieces off-line from MIDI notation software' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk, starting on page 194 in the current v4.2.1 version).

If you definitely have the Hauptwerk VST Link selected as the audio output device on Hauptwerk's 'General settings | Audio outputs' screen (within Hauptwerk) then Hauptwerk will be outputting its sound through the VST Link, so if you can hear Hauptwerk's output at all then it must already be playing properly through Sibelius (assuming you don't also have any other VST hosts open).
Best regards, Martin.

Fransjv54

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks again Martin.

I get the organ sound properly through Sibelius and Hauptwerk, only can't get Sibelius reverb to work on the output.
Also panning and volume controls in the mixer have no effect. Only the main Hauptwerk fader in the Sibelius mixer works.

Can't figure out what's wrong here.

Best, Frans

mdyde

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 11:57 am

Hello Frans,

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, I'll have to leave it to any other Sibelius users on our forum who might be able to help (or you could perhaps try contacting Sibelius' makers for support if needed).
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)