It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am

Can Hauptwerk deal with more than one dongle?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

engrssc

Can Hauptwerk deal with more than one dongle?

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 11:46 am

Situation - in our church organ we have, in addition to the sample sets designated on it's dongle, several additional organs (sample sets) loaded that normally are not accessible. These are sample sets that I have on my home instrument (home organ dongle). The church organ dongle is buried inside on the organ's computer, reasonably hard to get to. There is an extended USB 3 port under the console's key desk that could be used. Question - whether H/W can use that as a second dongle port or does the "internal" dongle need to be removed first? :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

Re: Can Hauptwerk deal with more than one dongle?

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello Ed,

If two Hauptwerk dongles are connected then my understanding is that the driver (and thus Hauptwerk) will see one of them but not the other, so I don't think you would be able to access sample sets with licences spanning both, I'm afraid. You would probably need to exit Hauptwerk, switch the dongles, then re-launch it
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

Re: Can Hauptwerk deal with more than one dongle?

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks, Martin,

Pretty much figured that, but haven't tried it yet. Thinking in terms of a remote controlled USB switching setup (to select one or the other dongle) that would be operated before starting Hauptwerk.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support