It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am

Romantic organ from Bakáts sqare of Budapest (24/II+P) - new

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

lefranc22

Romantic organ from Bakáts sqare of Budapest (24/II+P) - new

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 am

The St. Francis church of Bakáts square (Budapest) is a new Augustine's sample set. This organ was built by Sándor Országh jr. in 1879 and rebuilt by the Aquincum organ factory in 1994, according to the original designs of Sándor Országh.
I'm testing this sample-set since several weeks and I can say that it is one of the best of the AVO and a good alternative for those who can't have the Savaria. The organ is a 21 stops, II + P. There are two versions: stereo-mix and surround. For the surround Augustine added 3 borrowed stops. I think that the surround is much more interesting anyway than the stereo-mix version. And the price is also very attractive.
Last edited by lefranc22 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

takatsa

Re: AVO - Bakáts

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set. This is an Organ from St. Francis Church of Bakáts square (Budapest).
The two-manuals 21-stops late-romantic organ was built by Sándor Országh jr. in 1879. The Országh Organ Factory - near the Rieger and Angster Organ Factory - was the third largest organ factory in Hungary. The organ was rebuilt by the Aquincum organ factory in 1994, according to the original designs of Sándor Országh. The organ is fundamentally late-romantic style, but the disposition makes it suitable for Baroque and XX. century works too.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-14) and multiple releases (2 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 3-3.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.0 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.

The sample sets made in several forms.
1. The version of stereo mix (mixing of near and far and rear recording).
2, Semidry version (stereo recording 2.5 meters in front of the organ)
3. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
4. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far) and in the background (rear).

Screenshots: Console, Controls of stereo-mix version, Controls of full version.

Audio demos:
stereo/mix version: Lefébure-Wely - Bolero de Concert, Op. 166 , Silas - Prelude in D,
Lang - Tuba Tune in D major op.15

surround version; Galuppi - Allegro in Re minore , Martini - Elevazione in Sol minore
Muffat - Toccata duodecima et ultima , Mushel – Suite (Complete)

More information.
(There are more audio demos and can be downloaded the demo of sample set).

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Enrico Sandrini , Jos Quist and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

takatsa

Re: Romantic organ from Bakáts sqare of Budapest (24/II+P) -

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 am

lefranc22 wrote: ...a good alternative for those who can't have the Savaria...

This is true, but only partially.:)
The Savaria sample set is basically a modern organ, but there are some old pipes, so you can play romantic works too. The Bakáts sample set is a late-romantic organ, but there are some new pipes in it, so you can play baroque pieces too. However, the disposition of the two organs is different. And of course, the acoustic environment is different. So I suggest you buy both samples. :))

scottherbert

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 4:59 pm

I am surprised that this new offering has received so little attention! This is a LOVELY organ at a reasonable price! Just the thing for Christmas. :D

Wave the banners and sound the Krumpets!!! AVO has excellent products at good prices, especially on the
Christmas sale, although this new offering is excluded. Even so, it is very reasonable! Free demo!

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

Tweedle_Dee

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Ditto! Very impressive demo in my opinion.

takatsa

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the reviews. :)

Return to Hauptwerk instruments