It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

Controlling stops using touch screen AND Rodger's drawkobs?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Lougheed

Controlling stops using touch screen AND Rodger's drawkobs?

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am

I’m running Hauptwerk hosted in Cubase. Setting Master generals in Hauptwerk, and then using the physical generals on the Rodgers console (MS-356B).

I’m wondering if I could also use the Rodger’s drawknobs? (Rodger’s sounds turned off). Have the touch screen and Rodger’s drawknobs effectively echo each other.

For example, I could turn on/off the 8 Principal of a Hauptwerk organ by either drawing the physical draw knob on the console, or touching the touchscreen. And still have pistons work as described above.

mdyde

Re: Controlling stops using touch screen AND Rodger's drawko

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello Lawrence,

Hauptwerk has native support for the MIDI implementations used in MIDI-capable Rodgers organs of which we're aware, so I'd expect (although can't absolutely guarantee, since it's conceivable that your model might have been made with a MIDI implementation that we aren't aware of) that you should be able to use its stops bi-directionally with Hauptwerk, but you wouldn't then be able to use Hauptwerk's combination system, since the two combination systems would 'fight over' the states of the stops.

If you haven't done so already, please also have a quick read through the 'Playing Hauptwerk live from a digital organ' section of the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 179-180 in the current v4.2.1 version), which covers some important points to be aware of (such as the need to choose between either using the digital organ's stops, or Hauptwerk's combination system).

N.B. also that if using Hauptwerk in a MIDI sequencer then in order to use a digital organ's stops bi-directionally with Hauptwerk you would need to have MIDI going between the digital organ and Hauptwerk directly (not via the MIDI sequencer, and with the relevant MIDI ports disabled in the MIDI sequencer), since a MIDI sequencer won't understand the necessary Rodgers MIDI implementation, whereas Hauptwerk potentially will. Hence it's more fiddly to set up if you want to use a digital organ's stops bi-directionally with Hauptwerk and use a MIDI sequencer.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Lougheed

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Thank you, Martin.

That's helpful. :-)

mdyde

PostSun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 am

Thanks, Lawrence.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support