It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

New organ teaser :)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

sipirc

New organ teaser :)

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 am

Lougheed

Re: New organ teaser :)

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Great teaser! :-)

IainStinson

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 pm

The teaser is great!
Looking at the IA site you can even pre order this virtual organ however there are no details of the computer system resources which might be required for this 150 rank giant!

The specification can be found at http://www.hutes.com.au/PipeOrgan/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/mth-organ-specs.pdf.

Iain

profeluisegarcia

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Given the limited RAM of a Hw computer,is it possible to install this big 150 stops organ in 3 sections or versions (or different organs), each one with 50 selected stops?

Thanks

Luis

ludu

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Hello Luis,

In order to do that, you need 3 different ODF, having each their identification number. You will have to use the CODM, or Basilica software (http://organ.monespace.net/ORGANWORKS/software/Basilica_software.html), or ask for a personal version to Jake.

Cordially,
Luc

murph

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi Louis,
You could load one variant in HW alt0, another in alt1 and another in alt2.

Tony

sipirc

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Thank you for the interest so far, I’ll check the above details with Csaba and get back to you in due course :)
Cheers,
Greg

ludu

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 7:07 am

murph wrote:Hi Louis,
You could load one variant in HW alt0, another in alt1 and another in alt2.
Tony

Yes, this is better than my proposal. I had forgotten this possibility.
Luc

Gerryo

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 pm

That is one HUGE instrument. Looks kinda cool, but I want to play and hear some more samples before spending over $1,100.00 on a single set! That has to be close to a record for a single instrument.

jcfelice88keys

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Hello All,

Here is my own homemade video teaser that involves an unreleased version of the very same Melbourne Town Hall Organ in which I "play along" live with Thomas Heywood's video of Bach's Great G Minor Fugue, BWV 542 in the same venue. This new youtube video is an audio- and video composite of the two performances. I alternately fade between both versions so you may decide for yourself how close the Hauptwerk version is to the concert version. I made every effort to match Heywood's tempi, phrasing, registrations and manual changes.

Please note: Thomas Heywood was playing to a full house audience that soaked up Melbourne Town Hall's natural reverberation; therefore the concert video was post-processed with reverb. In contrast, the Hauptwerk audio was untouched (what you hear is how it comes directly out-of-the-box: no EQ, no compression, no 3rd party reverb); in fact I started it out slightly softer than the concert version, so as to make it easier for you to distinguish the two versions. If anything sounds different, please note that Heywood's 2001 recording used the older Schantz electric blower motors. The IA-recording took place in 2015 after Schantz had subsequently replaced the organ's blower motors with newer, quieter ones.

EDIT 09FEB2018: Youtube video was deleted because of possible copyright infringement. End Edit.

Cheers,

Joe
Last edited by jcfelice88keys on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sjkartchner

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 am

Wow! Very impressive.
Stan Kartchner, Tucson, AZ USA

adrianw

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 am

Joe's Youtube video mentioned above is a simply stunning achievement - and should be required viewing by those who claim that "real" organ recordings are always a class apart from Hauptwerk recordings. I honestly find it difficult to distinguish between the real and HW here. The only clue is that the "real" organ sounds less natural (which may well be the post-production reverb Joe mentions). And Joe's playing, despite a slavish imitation of the original, is maybe even better!

That is one HUGE instrument. Looks kinda cool, but I want to play and hear some more samples before spending over $1,100.00 on a single set! That has to be close to a record for a single instrument.

Not even close. Today MDA wants $1200+tax each for Salisbury and Bovenkerk, which makes the pre-order professional edition (newly sampled and about three times the size of either) look like a bargain. Unfortunately, it will still be a bargain I cannot afford (and frankly I don't need 200 stops) so I live in hope that there may be a cut-price "personal" edition for cheapskates like me too.

- Adrian.

Andrew Grahame

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 2:09 pm

I wonder if this sample set will be released in different "editions". For example, the PAB is available as Trial, Small, Essential, Medium, Professional, Extended and Gravissimo. For players on limited budgets, and for those of us with 32 GB of RAM or less in our Hauptwerk computers, this could at least offer the chance to get a foot in the door.

For the MTH organ there's an additional possibility. The basis of the current Schantz instrument is the 1929 Hill Norman & Beard organ - whose pipework remains virtually intact within the instrument as it stands today. There are markings on both consoles of the real instrument identifying the stops on the present organ which correspond with the 1929 specification. If a player wants to perform using only the 1929 sounds - without employing the extensive Schantz additions - it's possible to do so at a glance. This suggests to me the possibility of a "1929" or "HN&B" edition for this sample set.

Andrew

smfrank

PostTue Jan 16, 2018 9:25 am

Gerryo wrote:That is one HUGE instrument. Looks kinda cool, but I want to play and hear some more samples before spending over $1,100.00 on a single set!

As soon as I saw this available for pre-order I purchased it. There is no info and there are no pictures. I have written to Inspired Acoustics twice (after paying!) asking for some info and have heard nothing from them.
Steve
Steven Frank

Gerryo

PostTue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 am

I want to be clear on something I said. I did not mean to say that this instrument is priced too high.
All I meant is that before committing that much money to a single project, I want more information.

I want more sound samples, and hopefully a demo set that I can try on my system.
I also want to know if I can fit most of it on my set up. Is it simply Wet,or Surround, and what are the requirements

If they are true to previous form, IA will get this up soon. And if it checks out, I will probably get it.
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments